pull ups!!

gingman1992

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
ive always been terrible at pull ups and marine ones just crease me i can manage about 3 on a good day:sad:has anybody got any ways of improving them they could share with me?i would much appreciate it thanks

cutler05

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
alright mate. do u train at a gym or at home? and what do u usually do *text deleted* pull ups on?

foggers

Reaction score
Apart from just sticking it out and forcing yourself to improve (which will probably take some time), these exercises may help you...

Not entirely sure what they're called which could be a problem.

Firstly, if you do weights, then get a long bar with weights on it or something and while standing, lift from behind your head all the way up. This should get your back and shoulders stronger and use to the pullup motion. Be careful not to knock your head, happened to me once or twice.

If you have something, either a pullup bar or something to make do with, put it waist height, do pullups on it but with your legs extended out and your feet resting on the ground. This will work the same muscles at a lower percentage rate, then when you can do a dozen of those, you should be able to do a few of the marine style ones.

Also breathing technique will help. Don't hold your breath when you struggle.
Haven't done many pullups for a while but have restarted recently after my runs in my park, there's a nice pullup bar there (not the wooden plank used in PRMC or POC though) and can do about 6 good ones normally now, or 7 on a good day.

New Threads