pulled my hamstring

Ben-wales

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
any infomation on what to do next? happened last night and now i can't run :(

anyone got any tips to getting me back on the road?

AdamG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
You pulled your hamstring was maybe due to these following reasons

1. You don't warm up
2. You over stretched while running or playing sports
3. You exersised on tired legs
4. You don't warm down
5. All of the above

cutler05

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
rub alot of deep heat into it mate. rest it for a bit and lots of gentle stretches and u will be running in no time. even if u take every precaution then u can stil pull muscles but make sure u do warm up and stretch wel before and after any exercise

dont rush into anything to quickly tho unles *text deleted* sure its 100% or u risk injuring it more than it is

Anthony88

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hello, if you have pulled your hamstring the best thing you can do is rest if for 7 days. It should feel better after the rest, do not attempt to run during this period, or you could futher, permantly, injure yourself.
After your rest and providing your hamstring feels better, everytime you start your running workout, you should jog very lightly for atleast 10 mins to warm up your body; then you need to warm up your legs inparticular. For that I would do some short sprints, but dont just sprint off 150%, thats probably why you hurt it in the first place, start of with a slow jog building up to full speed over about 50m, repeat this 5 times with a jog back to the start line as your rest.

Let me know how it goes, hope ive helped.

Anthony