Push Ups

jim87spencer

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Am i right to think that when you take the test its a bleep test? 2 seconds down 2 seconds up?

will

Reaction score
no mate its jst do as many as u can in 2 minutes

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
jim87spencer said:
Am i right to think that when you take the test its a bleep test? 2 seconds down 2 seconds up?

Well you kinda are right mate ... you will do push ups to the bleep but only when your in RT as part of your IMF ... when on prmc is just as many as you can in 2mins.

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
NicholasSkamballis said:
if you can do the sixty before the 2mins would it be neccesary to do more...?

Yes mate you keep going till your time runs out or one of the PTI's pulls you out. They're looking for max effort on everything you do ... WHATEVER YOU DO DONT GO DOWN THERE WITH THE VIEW THAT ONCE YOU REACH THE MAX ON GYM TEST 1 YOU STOP!

NicholasSkamballis

Reaction score
Yea thats the attitude I plan on going with, and I want to give the best impression i can, and that means non-stop til time runs out!

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
NicholasSkamballis said:
Yea thats the attitude I plan on going with, and I want to give the best impression i can, and that means non-stop til time runs out!

good man, do that and you'll be grand :D

jim87spencer

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Im just going to keep going as though my life depends on it...maybe give out the occasional groan of agony... at the end of it im sure you get more marks for showing your determination than actually being able to do the certain amount anyways.

Ty

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
What happens if your extremely exhausted, just hitting the top marks in pushups, but near the end....obviously your pushups are sloppy due to exhaustion. Will they doc marks off you if lets say your form slips a bit ?.