Push ups

chrystal19

Reaction score
"with arms locked into sides"

does this mean when fully lowered your upper arm is parralel to your body?!

FletchPRMC

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Yea, search youtube for correct royal marine pressup, got the proper examples on there.

chrystal19

Reaction score
thanks. I can do twenty of these at the minute, will be able to do around 40 i imagine in a month or so. What are the PRMC requirements?

brownie123

Reaction score
PRMC Max

60 Pushups in 2mins
80 Situps in 2mins
& I think 6 pullups?
10Min or Less for 1.5mile (PJFT)
& I think its 20-21mins or less for the 3miler in PRMC? Not sure.

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
PRMC Max

60 Pushups in 2mins
80 Situps in 2mins
& I think 6 pullups?
10Min or Less for 1.5mile (PJFT)
& I think its 20-21mins or less for the 3miler in PRMC? Not sure.
The 3 miler (as far as I know) is conducted with the first mile and a half being completed in under 12 mins 30 seconds and conducted as a squad run,
then the second mile and a half ran best effort,
and it has to be under 10 mins 30 seconds.

Joe

chrystal19

Reaction score
The 3 miler (as far as I know) is conducted with the first mile and a half being completed in under 12 mins 30 seconds and conducted as a squad run,
then the second mile and a half ran best effort,
and it has to be under 10 mins 30 seconds.

Joe

In boots?

and what are the miniumum prmc reqs.?

S

Sotiris

Yes in boots, and a jacket.

Why do people concern themselves with the minimum requirements? They only want people who are determined to acheived the highest results.

There are no minimum requirements for the push and sit ups. But if you can't do 3 pull-ups your finished. Just like if you can't run the final 1.5 miles in under 10 mins you're out. The fewer push-sit ups you do the lower your score is...thus closing the door of success a little further.

TheBaker

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
The 3/1.5 miler isn't in boots or jacket.

Why shouldn't you go for the minimimum reccomended requirements? They're that for a reason and you will atleast want them by the time you start RT. Which is what im going for.

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted* people like to know the minimum requirments for peace of mind.. all of us on here by all means will aim for the highest we can above max scores needed, however in relaity this will not happen to everyone as from what i know a lot of people get between the 40 to 50 mark on the press ups on prmc.

its simply for peace of mind. not because we are inferior to you and wish to gain lower points and simply scrape by RT because we dont like hard work.

i wish people would stop making this assumption.

the requirements include:

2 mins of press ups best effort - min 40 (i think), max 60
2 mins of sit ups best effort - min 50 (i think), max 80
best effort pull ups, pass or fail, best effort - min 3 (or instant fail!), max 6
bleep test, best effort - level 10.5+ (i think)
3 Mile Run - 12:30 as a group for 1.5 miles, then 1.5 miles best effort back, under 10:30 or fail! (you do this in trainers with a t-shirt and C95 trousers (dpm))

S

Sotiris

From what I've heard there are no minimum requirements in the gym test for anything apart from the bleep and pull ups.

Push and pull ups are point based. Every push up is like 2 points or something.

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
well there are generall unwritten minimums a person can score. i think somewhere on the site there is a points system used on RMAD, Its not the exact scoring system used for prmc (just to make sure people dont say i think it is) but it is a good guidline to base your scores and likely hood of passing.

but there is no official minimum because its heard of that people who are rubbish at press ups do amazing at everything else and make up for it. but if your more of a all round fitness person rather than amazing at press ups for example, then general about 40 press ups tends to do you some good.

and pull ups are 1 point per rep.

S

Sotiris

Aye aye.

At the end of the day, from what I've heard and read from POC and PRMC diaries. Unless you fail the essential tests (3 miler, pull ups etc) all you have to do is give it your all. If the PTI's can see that you're not giving it up and that you're determined and stubborn they'll pass you.

After all with a decent base line of fitness the most important thing is personality. They can make you fitter but they can't really change the way you think...at the beginning at least hehe.

TheBaker

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Either way, you should be aiming for the minimum requirements. And it's obviously ideal to get to them as soon as possible as you will be assessed when you first start RT and if you're not at the standard then you're *text deleted* find it harder.

S

Sotiris

I don't get why you say the minimum requirements? Why shouldn't you aim to achieve the maximum?

The minimum requirements are pretty...well minimum.

Anyone ever thought of how wierd the word minimum is :albert:?

TheBaker

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I don't get why you say the minimum requirements? Why shouldn't you aim to achieve the maximum?

The minimum requirements are pretty...well minimum.

Anyone ever thought of how wierd the word minimum is :albert:?
Haha, sorry when I say minimum, I mean the 60 pressups & 80 situps and that's if you're not achieving them obviously. Obviously you should go for as much as you can but if you're not getting those it'd be a good idea to set them as your goal.

chrystal19

Reaction score
Yeah i disagree with the comment regarding people being obsessed with miniumum reqmnts. rather than the best of their ability.

Meeting the minimum reqmnts. gives people the motivation to be able to do more.

james720

Reaction score
minimum pressups- 20
minimum sit ups- 40

but they do say you should be aiming for maximum

Jascarr

Reaction score
Do you have to get a certain amount of point to pass/fail ?