Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.
  1. chris1993pearson

chris1993pearson Member

Hello there I've got my prmc in a couple of weeks, the only thing I'm really worried about is my pushups count. I can only get about thirty, thirty five without stopping, will this decrease my gym points?

2. Yorkshire_RM

Yorkshire_RM Valuable Contributor

Yes.

You need to do between 53-60 to get full marks. 30 is somewhere near the bottom of the scale.

You can rest, as long as you stay in the push up position. Just see how many you can do in two minutes with a couple of breaks. Make sure you go all the way to the bottom and lock your arms out at the top.... The training team WILL be watching!

3. jeeves

jeeves Well-Known Member

I think to pass you need to achieve 4 marks in each test at the least, obviously if you score low in one area but get max marks in another this will counter to itself, you cant score low in two disciplines though, something to do with risk factors, I think if your doing 35 pressups thats not to0 bad, I am pretty sure that the grading is 18 or more gets you 1 point, so if my memory serves if you can get in the high thirtys on your press ups you earn the 4 points, which is perfectly respectable, I'll have to check though.

4. jeeves

jeeves Well-Known Member

33 to 44 = 4
    From the stickies section, if your comfortable getting 35+ *text deleted* if you really push yourself the next few weeks you should be able easily to add 10 pressups if your doing them everyday, and if you really push on the day I am sure you'll be more then able to achieve 45 which is 5 points and that is very respectable mate, Just crack on with max effort. I've gone from only being able to do 20 good form Royal Marines pressups to 35 in 2 or 3 weeks, so its more then achieveable.

Good luck

5. bear86

bear86 Active Member

33-44 press upd gets you 4 points

6. Yorkshire_RM

I never knew it was that many, so actually it's not a terrible score.

Obviously with the adrenaline pumping throughout the gym tests you may be able to achieve more!

7. bear86

bear86 Active Member

just dont give up its the determination they want to see as well as physical ability

8. jeeves

jeeves Well-Known Member

yeah mate I must be admit when I checked the scores and saw that I could already get 2 points from nothing it put a lot more faith in my upper body capabilities, I am hoping by the time I get to prmc, if I do that I will be able to max out in the press ups and sits, maybe even the running, although I'd say that is far my weakest aspect, although you never know how far you can come when training hard, the pulls ups are my biggest fear because you have to get a minimum of 3 and thats after your arms are already *text deleted*ed haha.. work work work and it will come though I hope :)

9. liamframe

liamframe Active Member

I could only do 35 when I went on look at life at ctc and the adreniline when your in there helps I ended up getting 56

10. Oh ok, I can do about thirty thirty five without a rest, I can get about 50-60 if I rest a few times in the push-up position, but I wasn't sure if you could rest at all?

11. Yorkshire_RM

Yeah you can rest a bit as long as you keep the push up position.

12. chris1993pearson

chris1993pearson Member

Ahh ok, I didn't know that, thanks very much

13. bear86

bear86 Active Member

just keep at the training and always push your limit this is were the mental attitude pushes you through the barriers and im sure it will all come together mate

14. Bulwark

Bulwark Valuable Contributor

I've got a great push up programme I will share with you if you want it? And anyone else who fancies it? I'll post it abit later on.

15. jeeves

jeeves Well-Known Member

Do it mate.

16. keady1664

keady1664 Member

Just to say , they pulled me out on press ups on my prmc because I was resting in the press up position, luckily I was already on 64.

17. bear86

bear86 Active Member

yeah will be interesting to see jeeves please do post it

18. chris1993pearson

chris1993pearson Member

I don't understand can you rest or not then? Haha !

19. Yorkshire_RM

When I did mine, I got to around 50, then stopped for a couple of seconds every 5 until I physically couldn't do anymore. I managed 74.

The training team fine with this as long as you kept the strict push up position.

Before I did my PRMC I read a few places that people were allowed short rests as long as you kept the strict push up position.

But as someone stated, they wasn't allowed. So I'm unsure. Best off asking the training team.

At the end of the day, it's best off training to do them in go. Then the ones after a short rest are just a bonus.

20. chris1993pearson

chris1993pearson Member

Yeah true true, cheers mate