Pyschometric Test

Snell79

Reaction score
I have my test and medical tommorow at Preston AFCO, do i wear a shirt and tie or just casual?

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
i had the test and medical on seperate days. I wore smart casual to the test and then smart civvys to the medical (trousers, casual shirt, shoes, smart top)

C

critchmufc

i wore a nike traccy to the test mate, but casual to the medical, just jeans and a top, they just say go what your confortable in, the only thing you were a suite for is the interview

Sam1

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
I went in a shirt and smart trouser for my psychometric, but it doesnt really matter but its good to make a good first impression (Y)

Doesnt really matter what you wear to the medical because you have to take it all off as soon as you get in the doctors room anyway ;)

have fun (Y)

Ninja

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Hi, i was just wondering if anyone could answer a question for me ? when i take my application in to the AFCO, how long will it take to process the application on average.. nay help would be great. thanks

Joe

helliwell

Reaction score
Hi, i was just wondering if anyone could answer a question for me ? when i take my application in to the AFCO, how long will it take to process the application on average.. nay help would be great. thanks

Joe

from what i can tell it REALLY depends when you apply.

i was told it would be approx 6/8 months but thats because when i was younger i had a medical condition that would have stoped me from joining.

but an ex of mine tells me a lass at her workplace has a younger brother who joined the marines n well...aparently he went 2 months from applying to starting basic training...which...i dunno i think she got wrong end of the stick or somthing *text deleted* that just seems...stupidly short.

depends on how quick you get your eye tests back and such and also from what im told which AFCO you go to.

Ninja

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
oh great thanks, have you had your interview yet

Joe

helliwell

Reaction score
oh great thanks, have you had your interview yet

Joe

*text deleted* done my pyschometric test and a first...interview/get to know meeting, eye test and got my medical on the 29th of this month in leeds.

not got dates for pre-joining fitness oooooooooor my PRMC yet. ill get them after my medical provided i pass that i guess? and the second and imporant interview as far as i know is part of the PRMC.

best bet is to poke around the forums, lots of helpful stuff to read up on and such!

best of luck with your application though.

liam0405

Reaction score
it normally does take a while i applied in may and ive got my prmc on the 30th if thats any help at all

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Got mine tomorrow, all well and good until I probably mess it up haha:toung:
I've practised tests so I can't do much more than try to get a decent nights sleep..

Layden23

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
how many points do you need out of the max in the psycometric test ?
how many points are possible
cheers for any feedback lads

helliwell

Reaction score
best of luck with the tests! as for what you need...i dont know i know i got double what i needed but...well i didnt get given the results just told id done double what was needed for what i applied for.

its just simple english, maths, logic and mechanics. dont worry n try the practice tests they send ye.

Snell79

Reaction score
Hi not sure what mark you need, but today i passed, and my medical! Interview next Wednesday, oh my god need to swat up on my Marines history. HA HA Hannah Snell had same last name as mine, bloke at AFCo said i'd get ribbed for that down RT.

You don't have much time on the tests so i looked quickly through my test answering all the easy ones first to gain valuable marks, then took my time with the harder questions. I left school 12 years ago so fractions and decimal points are a no no!

Layden23

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
welll just curious *text deleted* a mate of mine
actually he is one this site
failed the maths so i'm ust wonderin if he is dead as a doornail in that subject or if it is a little tough

Mack15

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Its not tough or hard or anything you just need to get through them quickly.
Those will be your quickest 2 minutes of your entire life.

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Just sat my test (10am this morning...3/4 hours waiting around *text deleted*), I'll give a summary...

Reasoning: Pretty easy really, questions scaled from the examples in the booklet, to ones slightly more annoying.. not too bad really if you have a basic understanding or able to breath without help.

Verbal ability: Some fun ones there but nothing that's hard, just weird. Like ocean is to lake as continent is to: and some really odd answers after it, but I'll let you see if you get it :amuse:

Maths: Biggest bitch of them all. LEARN DIVISION AND MULTIPLICATION and remember BODMAS (go google if you forgot). Majority of the quests are rather simple patterns, percentages and decimals, but there are a few annoying multiplications. Only had two quests to do with stuff like signif figures and what not.

Mech comp: Some odd questions, but overall quite an easy one and just needs common sense.

I think only one / two people failed the test out of about 10/12 of us (i believe, never paid too much attention to the numbers).

I was one mark off an outstanding pass, so I'm a bit naffed off there... Only missed one question and that was in maths, but otherwise I personally was good for time and had time to check answers.

So for anyone else : use the test examples provided, and get on gcse bitesize haha.

Eye test tomorrow, interview next thursday.. fun times at 9am for both! AWESOME. :rock: