Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

Quarters

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by davetherave, May 12, 2020.

1. davetherave

davetherave Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Can’t find a solid answer anywhere what are the chances of getting married quarters and at what point in your career can you apply? Also how long on average once applied do you have to wait to be housed

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. The guide

The guide Ex RAF, Ex Royal Marines, now RN.! go figure

You can apply when out of training, the allocation will depend on what location you ask for and availability in that area as it differs from place to place, but simply put if you are entitled to the one you will get one, it might not be where you want and housing type depends on your family unit size.

• Like Like x 1
  3. davetherave

davetherave Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Thanks again

4. The guide

The guide Ex RAF, Ex Royal Marines, now RN.! go figure

@davetherave , no need to double post mate , just put in one thread...rest assured you will get replies.!!..and if you use the search function you will find most subjects covered.

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  5. davetherave

davetherave Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Hi pal I’ve just read somewhere that SFA is scarce do you definitely get accommodation for your family as it’s partially the reason I’m joining (to provide for my family) I have a mrs and a kid so we would need a house and I wouldn’t be able to see them much if I would have to travel as I live nowhere near a base

6. Advocado

Advocado Royal Marines Commando

Every unit I have been to has loads of empty houses on the patch. It's not scarce at all.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Corvo50

Corvo50 Royal Marines Commando

I live in a quarter and there are tons empty so not sure where your getting your info about it being scarce from.

• Like Like x 1
  8. browner467

browner467 Valuable Contributor

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Strange one mate but are there different size houses? We’ve got a small family and the Mrs’s likes the idea of living on patch if I’m successful in training

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  9. Corvo50

Corvo50 Royal Marines Commando

Yeah you can technically put in for whatever size you like. I live in a 4 bedroom detached with a garage and huge garden, I know there are plenty of 2 & 3 bedroom houses currently empty on the patch I’m at.

• Like Like x 2
  10. davetherave

davetherave Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Thanks for the info lads

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

The thing to bear in mind is availability can vary between regions and technically if you have two kids, you are entitled to a three bedroomed house. I had one child & got a two bed flat.

As stated above, if there are surplus quarters, you can apply for them as you complete training - beware it can take a few weeks before you move in.

Entitlement & generic info is here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/defence-infrastructure-organisation-service-family-accommodation

• Like Like x 2
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1