Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Question about a previous issue (vertigo)

Discussion in 'RMR Section and RMR Selection' started by rswifty97, Jan 13, 2019.

1. rswifty97

rswifty97 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Hello, for around a year and a half I suffered from random attacks of vertigo and was undignosed by the doctors however they did say it could go away on its own and could be a cause of my previous obesity. This issue has not affected me for a year after dropping weight and going though one inner ear exercise session. Would something like this affect my application for something that used to affect me but I am now clear of. To give some context, this issue does not affect my daily life now and I can do heavy exercise without this being an issue.

Thanks all!

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Can you work at height without issue? Have tried it?

3. rswifty97

rswifty97 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Yeah, some of my current job requires me to work at height and I've had no issues. The issue I had was never really diagnosed. I had a MRE scan and I believe a CT scan and it came up with nothing. I just kept being referred until it went away, I cancled my appointments as all the doctors were doing were referring me and it was no longer an issue.

4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Yep, it could've even been an ear infection, I guess. As long as it wasn't diagnosed as chronic fatigue syndrome & you're clear of the condition by a good year or more, I'd be surprised if it was a show-stopper.

Again, best bet is to provide the medical records relating to the condition when you submit your completed medical questionnaire.