Question about Non-British citizen rules

Ulick

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, I have been told that their are certain job's/careers that as a non-British citizen in the RM's I could not do, could anyone tell me what those job's/careers are, and if I do make it in, is there anything I could do to "get around" them and still do those things, or are the rules solid and can't be "broken" lets say :?

Ty

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
If your in the Marines for 5 years, you can then apply for British Citizenship, then I assume it opens the other trades. Not only that, being an RM for 5 years should nearly guarantee getting into other fields.

Ulick

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Ty said:
If your in the Marines for 5 years, you can then apply for British Citizenship, then I assume it opens the other trades. Not only that, being an RM for 5 years should nearly guarantee getting into other fields.
I really don't want to give up my Irish citizenship...oh well, looks like those jobs won't be done by me then :(

lord_carl

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i thought that been English Irish Scottish and Welsh Commonwelth Citizan you could do any trade in the RM its thoes people from outside the These 4 that get limited to what they can do?. Im sure im right on that for once. Unless your from the republic of ireland? Are you

Ulick

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
lord_carl said:
i thought that been English Irish Scottish and Welsh Commonwelth Citizan you could do any trade in the RM its thoes people from outside the These 4 that get limited to what they can do?. Im sure im right on that for once. Unless your from the republic of ireland? Are you
Yep I'm from the Republic

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
not sure, it's not something I have heard on any limits with regards trades. Possible up at the special forces level but again it's not something I've heard of bud.

All the best

GW

lord_carl

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
its because you are from the republic mate, if you was in the other half of ireland youd have access to all the trades. Republic issent in the common wealth.

Ulick

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks Stoker....hmm didn't mention any of the more "sneaky beaky" things I thought it would...not that I'd be up for that sort of thing, just interesting to know :idea:

or did I miss something?

*text deleted* they are very strict on the subs not even the chef can be a non Brit