question about PJFT

alan wilson

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
ive booked it...........with the local gym that is..

do i inform the afco of when it is?

does some one from the careers office need to be there?

my afco really hasnt said...i told i was *text deleted* book it for the same day, he said that was fine.

cheers

biggnick

Reaction score
tell you afco when the date is but they wont be there. when i did mine i had somebody from the gym watch me. I think that is why they use specific places as they have an agreement with them i think. good luck with it mate

lord_carl

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
you dont need to tell your AFCO well i dident aslong as you have the paperwork from them just turn up once youv done it.

biggnick

Reaction score
you might not have to tell your afco but it is still courteous to let them know what you have arranged, just to keep them in the loop.

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Things obviously must be a little different on the mainland but in N.Ireland we do our PFJT in an massive army barracks as thats where our afco is ... dont think i could be bothered with all that going to a certain gym and that!

alan wilson

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
my afco knows im doin...i just thought some one would be watchin me.

any all sorted now lads.

cheers :)

JK

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Good luck !

It really is a piece of piss! the instructer watches you whilst you run! and your watching TV ''if they have one'' best of luck buddy!

alan wilson

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
JK said:
Good luck !

It really is a piece of piss! the instructer watches you whilst you run! and your watching TV ''if they have one'' best of luck buddy!
its no worries..done plenty of practice on it.

just happy its moving forward now

Chris5818

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Think i got told that for every PJFT it costs the careers office £15 is this right NINJA STOKER??, or is this just after your third attempt?, but you think it would make more sense to buy a running machine and have it actually undertaken at the careers office then everything would run a lot quicker with the application (no pun intended), well for me it would of done as the hotel didn't post my form for 3 weeks.

Slightly off topic sorry lads

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Hiya Chris,

Yes you're correct about the cost of the PJFT, in fact I'd guess £15 is the minimum cost, some gyms undoubtedly charge more.

Considering how many PJFT's are undertaken nationally, your suggestion that each AFCO has their own, calibrated running machine, providing they have the space & trained staff, does indeed make good sense & will save a lot of money.

For that reason alone. it'll probably never happen, but you never know!

My advice to those undertaking their PJFT, especially with the dodgy postal service, is to take your copy of the PJFT certificate to your local AFCO to help speed things along.