Question about the best boots for POC??

gerrard86

Reaction score
I have seen a couple of conflicting reports so if anyone can answer this it would be great!

I passed POC last time with assault boots i got from the surplus store for about £30. They ruined *text deleted* feet the whole way through training and at POC plus they felt like running with 5kg strapped to each foot...so im definetly in the market for some really good boots. Any tips?

I was thinking of getting some Magnums or Lowa boots (been told that they are the best) but im not certain if these wud be allowed on POC?

I have read people's suggestions that they wud not let them at the bottom field but wen i was abused at lymstone they didnt seem that strict on people's boots

ChrisL

Reaction score
I was thinking of getting some Magnums or Lowa boots (been told that they are the best) but im not certain if these wud be allowed on POC?

I actually herd LOWA boots were the best i wouldnt se a problem using them

Reaction score
Depends which LOWAs. They weigh a tonne and are good for yomping but not running. Magnums do not have a heel block so you can't use them.
You will have to go through training in a set of 'pussers combat highs' so you might as well get used to them. I would just get a new pair and break them in slowly.
Do not get anything else as you may get told, you can't use them and get given a pair of old ones. Not good news on day two of the POC.

noveldex

Reaction score
Depends which LOWAs. They weigh a tonne and are good for yomping but not running. Magnums do not have a heel block so you can't use them.
You will have to go through training in a set of 'pussers combat highs' so you might as well get used to them. I would just get a new pair and break them in slowly.
Do not get anything else as you may get told, you can't use them and get given a pair of old ones. Not good news on day two of the POC.

Not good news for sure. The CSGT running our POC said only boots with an adequate hell block can be used for the bottom field. This means unfortunately only issue boots allowed. However, there were people using their own boots, such as magnums, Lowa and there was even a pair of Danners some one was using, for the endurance course. The explanation for this again was the heel block was not as strictly required for the endurance course.

Novel