Question - Drink Drive

luke132

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I was wondering if i will still be allowed to join up as i have a drink driving conviction i got a ban of 12 months and no points on my liscence, my ban is up now and im allowed to drive again i was just worried this may hinder my application???

pain is glory

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
no you will be absoulutly fine mate good luck with your application.

pain is glory.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
For a drink drive conviction:

1. You must declare the offence on your Security Clearance Questionnaire (MoD Form 1109), spent or unspent.

2. You need to have your driving licence back & be able to produce it.

3. You need to produce evidence that all fines are paid & any other penalty spent. (For example 6 month suspended prison sentence for DD = 7 years rehabilitation from date of conviction before considered spent). You should request a print out from the convicting court clerk.

4. To be considered fully spent, the offence must not have included any other unspent civil offence or serious motoring offence. (Serious motoring offences = drink drive, no licence, no insurance, unpaid fines, dangerous driving, loss of life, critical injury etc.,)

5. If less than 5 years have elapsed since date of conviction & fine, a criminal conviction waiver may be requested as advised by your AFCO, but be aware a waiver is by no means assured.

6. If you do not declare the offence, it will be revealed on the Police National Computer (PNC) check undertaken by the Defence Vetting Agency. Failure to disclose will be a bar to entry.

Other than that, you will be absolutely fine, good luck with your application.

BEBBRMC

Reaction score
Conviction

I was banned for drink driving up until september this year and i was wondering will this affect the process of me joining.( is there a rehabilitation time that has to spent befors joining.

PaddyTheManc

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I thinnk as long as you have no outstanding fines and your liscence is ok again you ok.

BEBBRMC

Reaction score
snd *text deleted* i get paranoid about every part of the joining process

gedro

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I got banned for drink driving for 16 months, ban was up this August so I've been back driving now about 3 and half months, you will be fine aslong as the fines are paid and the ban is up.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
I got banned for drink driving for 16 months, ban was up this August so I've been back driving now about 3 and half months, you will be fine aslong as the fines are paid and the ban is up.

You still need a criminal conviction waiver & this is assuming you have no other serious motoring offences. (No licence, no tax, no insurance etc). Again, 3rd post refers.

BEBBRMC

Reaction score
I was only on a provisional on a 50cc scooter. And you do not get it back. Wud i be best goin to the afco tmrw and declare everythink about it with them ?

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
I was only on a provisional on a 50cc scooter. And you do not get it back. Wud i be best goin to the afco tmrw and declare everythink about it with them ?

If you haven't declared it already on your Security Clearance form (MoD Form 1109), then it's best that you do advise your AFCO because it will come up on the checks when it's submitted.

pete_stanley

Reaction score
dam it

last night i did the same thing i was found to be over the drink drive limit and was arrested. i have been bailed as a and e thought i had a bleed on my brain and kept me there been cleared now so back home.

i have been reading the info on the internet regarding this and joining the core. i must say now so every one knows, im a F*text deleted**ing idiot for doing what i have done, and i deserve all i get for it when i do go to court.

problem is my prmc is booked for 23feb *text deleted**text deleted*ting my self thinking im going to stuff my chances in getting in now. any advice or anything will be very greatfully taken on board!

thank you.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
First thing is to notify your AFCO otherwise it will come-up on the security Check as not having being declared.

Second thing is that you cannot join with a pending court case or unspent criminal conviction.

With regard criminal convictions & eligibility to join, my earlier post on this thread states the rules.

A waiver is by no means assured nor given, however the reference book, BR 3 Naval Personnel Management, Chapter 6 article 0627, indicates a waiver may be requested from the Regional Commander, at the discretion of the Careers Adviser after the ban has expired & the fine is paid. Until the ban expires & the fine has been paid, there's little point undergoing a PRMC as it's only valid for 12 months.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Nature's Wish Quick question General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat 13
KatnissEverdeen Philosophical question Jollies Bar 38
D eye sight question General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat 0