Question regarding flat feet

M

mkzxy

Hey guys, I just recently remembered that I have flat feet and am now wondering whether this would be a complete bar to entry. I’m 17 now and a couple of years ago (14 years old) I was prescribed soles by a GP. I myself never really took notice of my feet but rather it was my mum who was insistent on my getting them checked out. Would the fact that it is now on my medical record ruin my chances of joining? Or is there some leeway regarding this issue. Thanks

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Flat feet are not a bar to entry. Complications and injuries arising from flat feet can be a significant issue with regard medical suitability.

Prescribed orthotic insoles are usually a bar to entry inasmuch as they indicate a significant pre-existing medical condition, usually brought-on by some form of injury.

If the argument is that they were not required then the counter argument which must be adequately disproven is "Why did the individual visit the GP, what was the issue and was it misdiagnosed or treated?"

M

mkzxy

Flat feet are not a bar to entry. Complications and injuries arising from flat feet can be a significant issue with regard medical suitability.

Prescribed orthotic insoles are usually a bar to entry inasmuch as they indicate a significant pre-existing medical condition, usually brought-on by some form of injury.

If the argument is that they were not required then the counter argument which must be adequately disproven is "Why did the individual visit the GP, what was the issue and was it misdiagnosed or treated?"

I see. When I did go GP for my flat feet I did complain of occasional pain whilst running/walking. I was prescribed insoles and to be honest never really wore them as I did not see the need to and just simply forgot over the years No other medical conditions were at all linked to my flat feet then or now. Would this be fair reasoning? Thanks

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
I see. When I did go GP for my flat feet I did complain of occasional pain whilst running/walking. I was prescribed insoles and to be honest never really wore them as I did not see the need to and just simply forgot over the years No other medical conditions were at all linked to my flat feet then or now. Would this be fair reasoning? Thanks
Odds are, you may have to appeal. The best supporting evidence you can produce is several years without a single repeated prescrption for orthotics and a consolidated training diary over several months indicating you can undergo the rigours of training without wearing orthotics and without further injury.

It could go either way.

M

mkzxy

Odds are, you may have to appeal. The best supporting evidence you can produce is several years without a sigle reoeated prescrption for orthotics and a consolidated training diary over several months indicating you can undergo the rigours of training without wearing orthotics and without further injury.

It could go either way.

Thank you very much for your help. I will appeal as I have not returned to the GP since I was first prescribed which was several years ago, I also train without any problems. Hopefully it works out in the end.

New Threads