Question Time!

AdmiralAwesome

Reaction score
I'm going on Question Time this Thursday in Wolverhampton, all a bit sudden - my mother applied to go on, they rang here and I thought 'Hmmm, I'd like to go on'. Turns out I've got to prepare a question that I might get chance to ask the panel. I was thinking something along the lines of (in light of the media coverage of Prince William doing navy training) "Why was Prince William allowed to train to fly a Chinook, and then seconded to the Royal Navy? Surely the training time on the Chinook would have been better spent on someone who is actually going to be available to fly a Chinook in Afghanistan, saving lives?"

I'm almost certain that's what I'm going to ask. Soldiers and marines die in Afghanistan because there's not enough pilots and helicopers for casevac and transport... Anyway, what do you guys think?

Trademark

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i agree with u there like, but the thing is the royal's have control over the army and they probably wanted prince william to do a safer military job because heli pilot jobs are quite dangerous cause u land under fire etc

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah Hopefully they will ask you eh!.. So you'll be on tv then??.. Pretty awesome that!..

Good luck!
Sam

Mack15

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
What channel is it on? and what day?

Duffy1

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
They will probably giv u the answer 'He is the future head of the armed forces so it is vital he gains expeience in all the varied appointments and areas of the UK armed forces'. *text deleted* I don't see the problem *text deleted* him piolt trained, it's not like he took anyone's place, the money wud hav only beeen wasted on immigrants or leeches on benefits

AdmiralAwesome

Reaction score
It's on BBC1 on Thursday, at 10:30...

Duffy:
I'm not sure I agree with you. He was arsing around in a Chinook, when that aircraft would better be used to train a much needed pilot, or even in Afghanistan... where people get killed in ambushes and IED attacks because instead of getting a helicoper ride from base to base, they have to use the roads. He may be the 'future head of the armed forces', but it is a ceremonial role... Is giving a figurehead a bit of experience worth a soldier's life?