Question

A

Amphibious

I have decided to give the POC a shot without a degree. If I fail, I shall go get a degree and try again.

So basically, I am 15 years old and taking my final year of GCSE's.

Please could someone tell me what I can do to maxamise my chances of being selected after I pass my POC and AIB.

Would my grades at GCSE and A level help?
Would a language help?
Would being in Army Cadets for 3 years help?
Would doing Duke of Edinborough bronze, silver and gold help?
What else can maximise my chances.

Thanks a lot,

Grey

A

Amphibious

Also, I don't want to sound aragant in the slightest but my fitness seems to be quite good in comparison compared to most other people on this forum.

Would being real good at the physical side of things help much, or should I devote my time to other stuff?

My 1.5 Mile is 8 mins 40 last time I did it at the gym.
Bleep Test is 13.13 a few weeks ago at school.

foggers

Reaction score
Would my grades at GCSE and A level help?
You need 5 GCSEs at grade C, two of them being English and Maths I think. Try and go for more though, won't do any harm and they are pretty piss.

Would a language help?
Won't do any harm, shows you can learn something and stick it out.

Would being in Army Cadets for 3 years help?
Yes, apart from giving you a small amount of military experience it will also give you a slight headstart when you start training and shows you probably have some leadership experience and can manage your time and commit to something and stick it out.

Would doing Duke of Edinborough bronze, silver and gold help?
Yes, probably. Again it shows you can commit to something and stick it out.

What else can maximise my chances.
Apart from ACF, try and get as many responibility positions as possible.
Might even be an idea to join the TA or RMR depending on a few things, unless you want to keep an NCO position in ACF.

Read the paper every day and develop an opinion on it, keeping yourself updated on current affairs.

Learn what the structure of RM is and what different ranks do will help.

Team sport might be useful as well but seeing as you already have Duke of Ed. and ACF you might be too busy and it isn't vital anyway.