Questioning yourself

wanabee green beret

Reaction score
Hello, it's a good wesbite you ahve here.
Does anyone ever question themself? I really want to be a Royal Marine but somedays for some reason I question myself with questions like, 'Could I pass prmc?' Could I handle the heights?' 'Could I push myself to the limit and passed it through training?' and so on, this can lead to me doubting myself and it's really annoying but I don't know why I do it.

biggnick

Reaction score
alrite mate. i dont know if it is normal for people to do it but i do it aswell. i always think of things like what happens if i get an injury or what if i cant do something. i think for me personally it is something that i do to make myself feel better incase i dont make the grade. i want to be a marine more than anything, and i think that i worry about 'what ifs' because i want it so much and dont want to fail.

Plummy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
dont worry i say the same things..what if i dont pass the medical ? what if i dont pass the interview but this is why im at this site because alot of my questions are answered and puts my mind at rest..

paddlequack

Reaction score
Sheer ignorance is needed.
"yeah i'll pass it"
"nah i won't be afraid of heights"
Best way.

Plummy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i dont exactly agree with that mate, better to be cautious and ready. instead of being too confident as u wont put as muhc effort in the more worried u are the more your going to prepare yourself. dont under estimate it

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
If it's any consolation, everyone joining up has niggling doubts, all you have to do is prepare yourself, only you can fail.

Many serving RM don't like the phrase "99.99% Need not apply" as they think it scares people off, my view is that it actually has the opposite effect.

If you look at it logically regarding the UK population:

50% are ineligible as Commandos need to be male. 5% have unspent criminal convictions- ineligible. 15.5% are not UK British, Dual Bitish or Commonwealth citizens- ineligible. 10% are under the age of 15 years 9 months- ineligible, 18.5% are over 32 years old-ineligible.

You've already made the final cut to the 1% bracket.

The rest either can't count or haven't passed PRMC yet!

lord_carl

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i agree i think the 99.99% chalanges people and that you eighter have it or you dont

alan wilson

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
its a case of i will pass...its a case of....i want to pass and i will not fail my self...thats the out look i have