Questions Re 2021 Intake

MJCH

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I incorrectly assumed applications for 2021 were closed for good. As I’m neck-deep in finals revision I’ve focused on academic work, my logic being I’d still have time to get my fitness up for the 2022 intake after finals. However, I now realise I can apply for the 2021 intake.

I can get through four rounds of the vPJFT. As for the RMFA, I’m looking at around 45 press-ups, 60 sit-ups, 10 pull-ups – 5 over the minimum on each. On the running I’ll once again be just over the minimum requirements. My academics however are very strong even by RM Officer standards, and I’ll work my bottom off to make sure that I’m well-prepared for interviews. I’ll even give myself a haircut.

I wanted to ask:

(1) I’m well aware of how competitive it is this year, and that my fitness will let me down. I’m hoping someone can shed some light on whether this will likely torpedo my chances irrespective of a strong performance in the other areas? Might the AIB be swayed by the fact that I’ve got my fitness up to this standard in a short space of time, and after my finals (when I won’t be working 10+ hours 7 days a week) I’ll make damn sure my fitness goes through the roof?

(2) If I apply for the 2021 intake and fail, what consequences would this have for a 2022 application? I’ve read comments stating that the application would ‘stay in the pot’, and that the AIB is valid for a year – does this mean you keep the same score and only get in the next year if the standard of applicants is lower, or are they willing to give you another shot at the POC/AIB?

Many thanks in advance!

Chelonian

Reaction score
My academics however are very strong even by RM Officer standards, and I’ll work my bottom off to make sure that I’m well-prepared for interviews. I’ll even give myself a haircut.
@The guide is almost certainly up to speed on current YO application status so hopefully he will comment if he spots this.

I'll go out on a limb and venture that although POC performance is important it is AIB which is the true crucible.