quick question on RMAD

lukey boy 91

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
on the RMAD do you just haved to complete the 3 mile run to pass it? because my afco told me if i pass the 3 mile run i can go on to my PRMC but he said i will be tested on my press-ups sit-ups and pull-ups aswell, i dont no how it works does anybody else no?

Charlie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
on the RMAD do you just haved to complete the 3 mile run to pass it? because my afco told me if i pass the 3 mile run i can go on to my PRMC but he said i will be tested on my press-ups sit-ups and pull-ups aswell, i dont no how it works does anybody else no?

you cant really fail an RMAD, although some of the AFCOs are using a successful 3 mile RMAD run instead of a PJFT...

and some of them wont send you on *text deleted* PRMC if you get crap scores, which is a good thing really : )

RMAD is basically just a trial day of PRMC, pressups in 2mins, situps 2mins, pullups, 3 miler and the bleep test, with some general interest talks/displays type thing : )

so basically, do well on it and u and your AFCO will know whether *text deleted* ready for your PRMC or whether you need more work ;)

its a good day, well worth it :cool:

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Royal Marines Acquaint Day (RMAD)

The Royal Marines Acquaint Day is an ideal opportunity to gain an excellent insight into your preparedness to attend PRMC. It is possible to also attend one prior to POC if you liaise with your ACLO & accept that the physical standards that indicate a potential PRMC pass, need to be adjusted for those attending POC.

The Royal Marines Acquaint will usually be held at your nearest RMR unit & will be run by the PRMC staff from CTC.
Timings
A programme of events for the Acquaint is roughly as follows:
1000 - Introduction and brief on Royal Marines.
1030 – Tour of Unit
1040 – Change into Sports kit
1045 – Royal Marines Fitness Assessment
1145 – Shower and Change
1200 – Brief on Commando Training and Life in a Royal Marines unit
1230 – Lunch
1300 - Brief on Potential Royal Marines Course
1345 – Weapons acquaint.
1430 – Interest activity (e.g. Unarmed combat or other activity)
1600 – Debrief and closing address

What You Should Wear and Bring
There are no specific dress requirements for the Acquaint; come in what you are comfortable in, such as jeans and t-shirt. You will be participating in physical activities so it is not advisable to wear any jewellery. You will need to bring the following items with you.
a. 2 sets of sports kit (appropriate for time of year) with suitable training/running shoes
b. Towel, shampoo. Soap etc and “flip flops” to wear in bathroom areas.
c. A packed lunch plus light refreshments for yourself throughout the day.
d. Water bottle – minimum 1 litre.

Transport
As advised by your AFCO, depending on your geographic location.

Consent Form
You will be asked to complete the MOD Indemnity and Consent Form and return it well before you attend.

Conclusion
Your Royal Marines Acquaint will give you a unique opportunity to get a better feel for the challenges, opportunities and adventure offered by a career in the Royal Marines Commandos.

Scoring:
A score below 17 points would not pass PRMC (& unofficially 20 for POC)

Three Mile Run: First 1.5miles 12 mins 30 secs, run-back under 10 mins 30 secs (ideally under 10 mins) PASS/FAIL only.

VO2 Max (Bleep Test)

9.5 or less = 1
9.6-9.9 = 2
10.0-10.9 = 3
11.0-11.8 = 4
11.9-12.6 = 5
12.7-13.0 = 6

Press-Ups

19 or less = 1
20-25 = 2
26-32 = 3
33-40 = 4
41-50 = 5
51-60 = 6

Sit-Ups

25 or less = 1
26-32 = 2
33-40 = 3
41-50 = 4
51-65 = 5
66-80 = 6

Pull Ups

1 = 1
2 = 2
3 = 3
4 = 4
5 = 5
6 = 6

On average you need to pass the 3 mile run & score no less than 4 points in each discipline with 5 points in one area to indicate a potential pass when you attend PRMC. If you underscore in any one section you enter the risk zones which accumulate on PRMC and can result in a fail if you cannot swim, do not complete the high-obstacle course, perform poorly in Gym Test 2 or on the assault course.

The other main issue on PRMC is ensuring you pass the determination test- many people greatly underestimate the psychological effect of this test after the Assault Course & fail it by simply “giving-up” and withdrawing themselves from the course.

M1664

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score

pretty simple, if you do crap at RMAD they wont send you on PRMC for obvious reasons.

Sam1

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
My AFCO said if i dont pass the 3mile then i wont go to PRMC but with the other tests its more effort they are looking for (Y)

M1664

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
My AFCO said if i dont pass the 3mile then i wont go to PRMC but with the other tests its more effort they are looking for (Y)

dunno about that, if your crap at upper body and pass the 3 miler i doubt they will let you do PRMC

lukey boy 91

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
dunno about that, if your crap at upper body and pass the 3 miler i doubt they will let you do PRMC

my afco told me if i pass the 3 miler i can do my prmc, the press ups and them are just a taster so you no were you fitness is if you get what i mean e.g you can have your prmc when ever you want so if youve found it hard on upper body strength then your not going to ask if you can do your prmc in a weeks time are you? you will say can i have it in 2 months and then you can improve on your week points

Sam1

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score

They do, its effort they look for (Y)

M1664

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
yes but what im saying is, if your really crap at upperbody stuff it dosent matter how much effort you put in, you will still fail if you dont make the minimum, so if you dont make the minimum at RMAD i would be vry surprised if they let you go on to PRMC straight away. they are looking more for effort and determination in gym test 2 and the bottom feild. there is only so far "good effort" will get you.