Quick question....

Sam1

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
I've got RMAD on the 30th, 'when' i pass that when do you chaps think my PRMC would be roughly???

tarrr (Y)

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
There are places available towards the end of October. It varies as people cancel for a range of reasons, so you may even get one sooner, but on average end of Oct, beginning of November.

Sam1

Reaction score
Ok cheers ninja (Y)

WrapJuice

Reaction score
i was told the end of Oct was all full. so i was given the 11th Nov. might be a chance you will be with me on that one.

i have RMAD too but mines on the 4th Oct in Henley. you said 'when' you pass rmad... i was told RMAD was not a pass or fail tyoe of thing. it's mearly a day to give you an a better insight into what the marines do and the training. also you will be advised on where you need to improve, i.e. press ups, pull ups etc.

PoyserRM

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i know the RMAD would be extremely benifical but do u have choice to go on it?

M1664

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i didnt go on one just because they didnt offer it to me, but if they say do you want to go on one then your cant really say no.

daz665

Reaction score
When I went on my RMAD there was pretty much no fitness, and certainly no fitness assessment. The hardest thing we had to do was run about 300m while they were sorting stuff out.

Other than that we did paintball, rock climbing and abseiling. Was more of a fun day where they explained a little bit about the Royal Marines. I enjoyed it and it was a good opportunity to chat to serving marines. However I have no idea about all the 'passing' and fitness assessments people are talking about..

Sam1

Reaction score
I wasnt given a choice with mine *text deleted*

My careers advisor said that quite a few fail, because of the 3mile run.

Chris

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
When I went on my RMAD there was pretty much no fitness, and certainly no fitness assessment. The hardest thing we had to do was run about 300m while they were sorting stuff out.

Other than that we did paintball, rock climbing and abseiling. Was more of a fun day where they explained a little bit about the Royal Marines. I enjoyed it and it was a good opportunity to chat to serving marines. However I have no idea about all the 'passing' and fitness assessments people are talking about..

No idea what you went on then. My RMAD was in Goven and we ran the 3miles in the freezing rain for our fitness assessment then we had situps,pushups and pullups afterwards. The rest of the day was lectures and watching a sergeant batter a corporal about in an unarmed combat display.

spartan

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
yea my rmad was very hard as we had PTI's come up from CTC to take us

daz665

Reaction score
Was a while ago, could have even been the first RMAD. I guess they've changed a lot since then.