Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Quick Read; Personal Security & General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)

Discussion in 'Introductions & Welcome to the Royal Marines Site' started by Ninja_Stoker, May 25, 2018.

1. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

A very brief overview to notify users this site complies with the new (2018) Data Protection Regulations.

Firstly we are not a company and we do not share your data with anyone.

The data is kept on a secure server which can only be accessed from a nominated static IP address.

What data do we hold?

Upon registration:

Email address (to complete registration and verify user is human - not a spam bot)
    Date of Birth (to ensure users are over age 13)

After registration:

User IP addresses (To prevent multiple [spam] accounts)
    Number of posts made & post content

What do we do with your data?

Nothing other than keep it secure.

Can I delete my data?

Yes. Just use the contact us link at the foot of the page and we will aim to delete your personal data within 72 hours.

Be aware if you also want your account deleted, your posts will remain as an anonymous guest user to maintain coherency for all remaining site users.

If we delete your personal data, be aware you cannot reset your password & the multiple-user software which monitors IP addresses may block future attempts to re-register.

• Like Like x 11
  2. Maths1

Maths1 Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Sounds good to me

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Currently we are unable to post anonymous PRMC Results as the RN Media organisation claim this is "privileged information".

We understand the intention is instead to post this 'privileged information' in the public domain on the Royal Navy website. :D

• Like Like x 1
  4. Caversham

Caversham Former RM Commando, Moderator

So the teddy was eventually thrown out of the pram? Do they actually get paid for being tossers? Just asking for a friend! ;)

Alan

• Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  5. Rover

Rover Moderator

I understand that ‘Tosser’ is an adqual within the media organisation. It is transferable between services and is also recognised within the commercial media.;)

Once gained it stays with you for life.o_O:)

• Hoofin Hoofin x 2
  6. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Once that 'privileged information' has been placed in the public domain by the Royal Navy on its own website I'm struggling to think how objections could be raised to an attributed screenshot of their page being posted onto another forum. -banghead-

• Nailed It Nailed It x 3
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  7. Rover

Rover Moderator

PERSEC regarding ‘social media’!

A Royal Marine wrongly accused of sending lewd photographs to dozens of women after a stranger stole his identity has spoken of his anguish and how the pressure made him quit the Navy.

Steele Saunders and his wife Sally left their jobs and endured death threats and vigilante attacks during the 12 months that Graeme Brandon posed online as commando Mr Saunders.

The experience devastated the couple and it was not until Brandon, 44, appeared in court earlier this month that the full damage was exposed.

The painter and decorator had found Mr Saunders's Facebook profile in April 2017 and used his name and photograph to send naked photos of himself, via messaging service WhatsApp, to 27 women.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...wd-pics-women-reveals-pressure-quit-Navy.html

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Odd in the extreme.

I don't get why Brandon, the convicted weirdo, needed to use a stolen identity when it is so easy to simply create a completely anonymous online identity which is undetectable, if that is how you get your kicks.

It sounds like there was a deliberate campaign to besmirch and exact some kind of twisted vengeance on the Royal Marine.

9. westy

westy Well-Known Member

I saw someone post their PRMC certificate on social media the other day, I don’t follow him and his account isn’t locked -banghead-