Quit

Az

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hello all , hopefully you all remember me .. im doing the apprenticeship lalala and finished next year where i hope to join marines etc

anyways after long hard thinking i think i am serious close to quititing my current apprenticeship (due to my own reasons)

What affect would this have on me trying to join the marines?

What they be like your a quitter i dont think this is right for you etc??

Duffy1

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Y wud you quit if you're nearly at the end of *text deleted* apprenticeship? In my opinion, you shud finish what u started because if u don't all the work you've dun so far will have been a complete waste. The corps will still b there wen u finish, and u can use the extra time to fully prepare urself, mentally and physically. If u did drop out, u may b indentified as a 'training risk', meaning they may be reluctant into putting money, time and effort into training u because u may get halfway thru and think 'i don't *text deleted* do this nemore'. I'm at the end of my 2nd yr at uni (1 more to go), I wud love to jack it in and join the corps 2moz but I know that if I hav qualifications I will be in a much better posiiton wen I eventually do leave the corps. Moral of the story is always have something to fall back on.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
My advice? Don't quit the job until you pass all elements of selection

ste preece

Former RM
Reaction score
Plan

Personally I would recommend that you finish your apprenticeship. I recall a few guys whom I served with who finished their apprenticeships before joining up. They then served for several years and after fulfilling thier ambitions during their service, the left and took up their trades once again. Also, if for any reason you don't make it through training you still have your trade to fall back on.

You could call it your contingency plan.

Best Regards

Steve

Az

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i understand guys but i cant explain how unhappy i am in my current job,

im not learning nothing, people cant be botherd with me, every one just moans at each other all day, we spend most time sitting around and only do about 2 hours of work aday. All this is making me so unmotivated that everyday i just hate it, *text deleted* got the main part of the qualifications already.

At the momment from leaving school i got good gcses all B and C's.

From the 1st part of the apprenticeship (collage based) i completed it were i got btec in engineering operations and nvq level 2 in engineering and eletrical . Also got level 2 in leadership and management.

The only qualification left to get now if i complete the apprenticeship is Nvq level 3 in rail way engineering..

And were else can i use this except the railway.. which i dont want to go back to .