Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.
  1. Breeze2

Breeze2 Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    Does anyone know what the deal is with the rop? I passed prmc back in January and should have started rt on the 9th of March but I got an injury in the process so I’ve had to defer my date. I’ve now found out that I can’t go straight into foundation as everyone now has to do the ROP. Is the 4 weeks Additional to the 32, so 36 in total? Or is it still going to be 32 weeks with the ROP included? Also what takes place on the ROP? Cheers lads

2. Johnwayne

Johnwayne Active Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Hi mate,

The ROP is an additional 4 weeks. At the end of the 4 weeks you will do a CAA (Commando Aptitude Assessment) and on passing that will then start Phase 1 of training. From what I understand the ROP includes the foundation phase. The idea behind it is to reduce the ‘Shock of Capture’ feeling, but also have 4 weeks with a TT that gradually builds fitness with the aim of reducing injuries as well.
    That being said, you should still enter ROP as fit as you can possibly be.

Someone who knows more than me will give a more detailed answer, but I hope this helps for now.

3. The guide

The guide Ex RAF, Ex Royal Marines, now RN.! go figure

ROP is in the main ..As above in the main , and no ROP programme is out as still in progress to it,s format...so there wont be a hard and fast "this is ROP programme" for a while yet.

Several large posts on this subject use the forum search function and you will know as much as anybody.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Breeze2

Breeze2 Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    Cheers mate that’s made it a bit clearer for me, bit gutting that I’ll still have to go through that even though I’ve already passed prmc but it’s one of those things.

5. TheRents

TheRents Valuable Contributor

App Stage:
    Parent
    @Breeze2

Take the positive mate. Every week you spend at CTC is a chance to learn. They will not be wasted make the most of them.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Johnwayne

Johnwayne Active Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    I agree with @TheRents

I still need to do my VPJFT, so I’m still a few month out, but I think this is a great opportunity to soak up even more information at a pace that is possibly more manageable than standard foundation would be. At the end of the day, the reason so many guys choose the Royal Marines is because it is the longest training in NATO and I would venture to say the hardest as well. The more opportunity we get to learn from the TT, the better off we’ll be.

As they say, train hard, fight easy.

All the best brother.

• Like Like x 2
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  7. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Bottom line for any of the few selected to start ROP: it's a job.
    Everyone on ROP gets paid the basic Recruit wage.

• Like Like x 2
    • Nailed It Nailed It x 2