raf reg.

C

critchmufc

haha, just watched it, i mean fair enough arguments between the commandos and paras, but the raf regiment,

5 mile speed march with a live fire excercise the equivalent to the final week

surley they are taking the piss!:huh:

W/\Nnabe

Reaction score
yeah ok, the RAF Regiment training isnt as long or anywhere near as hard as Para's or RM but you have got to give it to them, they are still doing their part! they still go to Afghanistan and Iraq! their lives are just as much at risk as ours! i think you lot need some respect for the counterparts! whether you like them or not! these people still have families and are no less a man because their training is easier! so treat them with respect! give them the credit where its due!

and yeah, the video didnt really do any justice! i will admit that! but nevertheless they are still fully trained soldiers! their training lasts 5 month! just because their test is easy doesnt mean their training was!

and that bloke speaking at the start- stop bluddy swayin about like a wind sock and get those hands out the pockets!

Ty

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Are you guys almost done comparing units to other units ?. It's like back in kindergarten comparing transformers.

MAXPAIN

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
This is actually hilarious, who ever said raf reg is elite is chatting sh!t all they do is defend air bases and patrol around airbases they dont compare to marines and paras, they should rename it 'wannabe reg'

RC

Reaction score
this cant be real....listen to the "motivation" at the start.

5 mile speedmarch then a range shoot as their final "test" giving them the right to stand toe to to with the Paras and Marines?.....i mean, i have nothing against the rock apes, but that guy is due for a drugs test surely?.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=X-YsgMr79Y0&feature=email

and p.s the comments make some entertaining reading.

A 5 mile speed march and then 6 hours on the range running / crawling up and down the hills of Senny Bridge with a *text deleted**text deleted* load of ammo will be a complete bitch. Definately not as easy as it sounds.

How funny is that guy at the start? I bet the lads in that troop have had some laughs throughout training.

Rich.

C

critchmufc

yeah ok, the RAF Regiment training isnt as long or anywhere near as hard as Para's or RM but you have got to give it to them, they are still doing their part! they still go to Afghanistan and Iraq! their lives are just as much at risk as ours! i think you lot need some respect for the counterparts! whether you like them or not! these people still have families and are no less a man because their training is easier! so treat them with respect! give them the credit where its due!

and yeah, the video didnt really do any justice! i will admit that! but nevertheless they are still fully trained soldiers! their training lasts 5 month! just because their test is easy doesnt mean their training was!

and that bloke speaking at the start- stop bluddy swayin about like a wind sock and get those hands out the pockets!

no one mentioned what they do, or brought fighting wars into it, we were saying that the final test is nowere near what the marines and paras have to do, and u just said it was easy to, wich is exactley what we were saying

Bish

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
just so you know raf reg dont just stay on air bases they have done tours of iraq and afghan with marines and paras.

C

critchmufc

just so you know raf reg dont just stay on air bases they have done tours of iraq and afghan with marines and paras.

my mates in the paras, he said p coy was *text deleted**text deleted*ing ruthless

big-jim

Reaction score
"so lets meet the f*text deleted**ing pain today, stare it in the eyes and tell it to *text deleted* off before you poke it in the eye"

hearing stuff like that would make it worth it hahahahaha

Macca

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Yeh That guy giving the speech at the start seems like a right character, I'm sure theres been a few laughs with him. I'v got a mate in the RAF reg and he thinks awsome, he"s been on tour to afghan with 2 squadron, mentioned that he did alot of patrolling, more patrolling than guarding infact and had seen a fair bit of action, he loves it

RC

Reaction score
yes but not quite as hard as a week long exercise, then 30 miles on dartmoor, after completing all the other test

Yeah, obviously. I was just pointing out it will not be as easy as it sounds since in your original post you quoted the word test ( e.g. "test" ). As if it was some how not a real test.

Rich.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D RAF REG at 50! Introductions & Welcome to the Royal Marines Site 17
loken RAF REG Jollies Bar 51
Living! RAF reg General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat 11