Random Collapse

Lloydy101

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Right!

i have had this annoying cold for a week now. Its stopped me training and playing rugby!
so i decided to sweat the *text deleted**text deleted**text deleted** out!
sleeping in fleece, thermals, wooley hat..everything!! (i was told to sweat colds out by my dad, who is retired colonel *text deleted*)

so hear i am sweating like a grease monkey thinking im going to be right as rain the next morning. After a some what disturbed sleep i got up the next morning to take a shower. As i was standing in the shower the room started to spin round and i found it really really hard to breathe and i couldnt think straight. Then suddenly i woke up on the floor *text deleted*. I didnt know how long i was out for but it was weird! At this stage i am feeling really really sick now so i decide *text deleted**text deleted* having a shower i need more sleep, as i tried to open the shower door i feinted again....waking up again on the floor *text deleted*. For the rest of the day i felt sick, light headed and threaders!! and i still had my cold! (i also felt like a complete *text deleted** when my mates found me on the shower floor unconcious *text deleted*!!) i think it was because i got so incredibly dehydrated my body just shutdown.......twice *text deleted* what do you think?

have any of you guys had a any similer experience??

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
most likely dehydration as you said..

i been in cadets for a number of years and had to do parades in blues uniform with these horrible hats that cut off your blood circulation and then the uniform which makes it hot as hell.. you need to be really hydrated and well eaten befor you do that sorta thing *text deleted*.. but i got the same symptoms as you many a time. just have some food and loads of water.

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Fluids are used to fight of infections and viruses, the more hydrated you are the more chanced you have of fighting it off quicker.

Become dehydrated with an infection or virus and risk losing your kidneys for onething, it's not common but you are increasing your chances.

Touchstone

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry to say mate but I don't think sweating out a cold is the answer. There's a lot of this advice going around but removing much needed fluids from your body won't help you.

Don't know how the hell you managed to get sleep with that *text deleted**text deleted* on though! I would be boiling over. I find when I am ill like this I have very screwed up sleep, heavy like, weird dreams.

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
try taking echinacea, zinc and vit c. lots of water and warm drinks. apparently chicken soup is good, not sure about the truth in it though. sweating it out only works as it synthesizes a fever. if you're going to do it drink a LOT more water.

RossRobObey

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
The only reason people this chicken soup is good, is when people were VERY ill in hospital, to the point where the couldn't eat solid foods (because of disgestion etc) then they would be given soup, as it's a close to a food as you can get, without having to chew.

The only reason it was chicken is because most people like it!

At least, I think, that's where the myth came from.

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
perhaps though i heard somewhere that it does actually help with colds though it's uncertain whether it's a placebo effect or whether it's an actual result of the chickeny goodness.

mrdanie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
well it would make sense as its good energy food, good protein..its not exactly going to make you worse by eating it *text deleted*

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Like a few others have said, "sweating it out" may help but only if you replace the fluids. So although I forgot to say that above, there maybe some truth in it and don't forget to replace the salts you lose as well as the fluids.

TheBaker

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
The only reason people this chicken soup is good, is when people were VERY ill in hospital, to the point where the couldn't eat solid foods (because of disgestion etc) then they would be given soup, as it's a close to a food as you can get, without having to chew.

The only reason it was chicken is because most people like it!

At least, I think, that's where the myth came from.

Nah, there is something in the Chicken that helps.

Found this: http://chetday.com/coldfluremedy.htm

This a good site also for natural remedys. http://www.earthclinic.com/index.html

I had something similar happen once but not nearly as bad by the sounds of it, I decided I would try and 'sweat' an oncoming fever/cold out once by going in a really hot bath *text deleted*, when I stood up to get out, I got extremely dizzy and lightheaded and had to get on the floor cause I was nearly blacking out, I thought I was dieing *text deleted*, luckily my mum was around- won't be doing that again.

Paul-M

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I had the exact same thing, I was meant to go to a college party but I felt ill but I thought go for it anyway, called for my friend and ended up puking and fainting outside his house, woke up at home, my mum had dropped me off at my mates and apparently she put me back in the car and took me home but I was unconscious the whole way, was in bed for 4 days unable to stand up, was constantly dizzy and I would be woken up by a feeling of spinning around whenever I went to sleep...sounds similar to what you had, doesn't feel good does it *text deleted*.

Lloydy101

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
thanks for the replies lads!

looks like i wont be sweating a cold out anytime soon!

Paul: i know how you felt mate! a very strange experience!

Baker: hey mate, the feeling where you needed to lie down was exactly the same but in my case i actually passed out *text deleted*!!

anyway thanks a bunch for all your advice lads! will be drinking loads of water, orange juice, eating a ton of food and might have a bit of chicken soup tonight!!

cheers lads thanks for the help!

stewie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
hey ive found when ever ive been ill that goin to the gym and sitting in the steam room for about 15min helps alots. but aswell as this i also keep hydrated. the sauna is also good but still must drink plently of water. hope it helps
stewie

gedro

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I always found that if i had a cold coming on, i'd get to asda and buy some high strength vitamin c tablets, you'd get 90 for around £2.68, 500mg each, RDA is 60mg, i'd take about 4000mg a day for a few days so the cold could never 'catch on', then it would go away, don't worry you can't OD on vit c.

Now i take around 2000mg a day everyday, before i started to take them i would get colds and that now and again, now i'm never ill, ever. So it works for me.

mrdanie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Well if you have loads of vit c you just get the craps *text deleted*

gedro

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I don't :bigsmile: :suspicious::suspicious::suspicious: