Random Military "Facts"

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
i remember hearing someone that when Gurkha's (i think thats how its spelt) pull out their knife they have to draw blood, and thats why Gurkha's will be seen with cuts all up and downt their arms.

anyone else heard this? and reacon its true?

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
not sure but i've heard it, apparently it's why their kookri has little nicks near the handle. probably balls though

M

MTW

yea heard that ages ago, and used to have one of those knives ages ago and it did actually have a bit at the top where your meant to put your thumb and cut it to draw blood, they probably still do it but i doubt they draw it very often nowerdays.

Robbie Spice

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
i remember hearing someone that when Gurkha's (i think thats how its spelt) pull out their knife they have to draw blood, and thats why Gurkha's will be seen with cuts all up and downt their arms.

anyone else heard this? and reacon its true?

When I was at school I went to take a sikhs turban off his head. He told me that if I removed it from his head that within his religion it allowed him to draw blood from me. I thought that was abit unfair as I never wore a hat that if someone else took off i was allowed to make them bleed. Anyway I took off his turban and he decided he'd make me bleed. (I only took it off his head to see what would happen) ............. no1 bled but he had twice as many bruises as me. ... also I put his turban on my head and I ended up with a ring of the *text deleted**text deleted*in most disgusting sweat ever around my face.

MAXPAIN

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
hahaha Robbie Spice if thats true thats f@king hilarious.

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
Your a *text deleted**text deleted** mate,
taking off his turban is a disgrace to his religion,
if you think that´s funny then I hope you reconsider joining the military.

Joe

Robbie Spice

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
if you read it says when I was at school. That incident happened 8 years ago.

Anyway it was an arguement that got out of hand, he grabbed my head and then I went for his. That's where the arguement came from. So if it's ok for someone to grab my head, but if I take off their turban it's ok for them to make me bleed .. seems a little unfair.

As far as I'm concerned if you start *text deleted**text deleted* then anything is fair game.

HHHNNN

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
ha i rugby tackled a sikh and his turban came off n he ran off crying i was like "what did i do:dontaskme:" but anyway if u actually took it off his head on perpose thats rather tight

Robbie Spice

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
You're all making me feel guilty, well apart from MAXPAIN.

I honestly didn't think it was that big of a deal. Plus he grabbed my head and I don't have anything on my head but the rules should be the same. Why should he be able to grab my head when I don't have a turban but because he has one I have to respect his head ?

It just doesn't seem fair to me.

spartan

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
You're all making me feel guilty, well apart from MAXPAIN.

I honestly didn't think it was that big of a deal. Plus he grabbed my head and I don't have anything on my head but the rules should be the same. Why should he be able to grab my head when I don't have a turban but because he has one I have to respect his head ?

It just doesn't seem fair to me.

:iagree: i have to be careful about what i say *text deleted* everyone thinks im a muslim hater *text deleted* but yeah i agree with what u say if he tries to hurt u its not fair if u cant do anything back because of the item of clothing upon his head

Geryon

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Ehmmm, you could have just kicked him in the balls no?

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted* if he uses that principle then you should have said "if i have a item of clothing on a body part then you are not allowed to touch that part, if you do i get to cut your knob off and feed it to you"

or something like that *text deleted*

Robbie Spice

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
hahahaha, sorry that your thread has turned into whether I'm a *text deleted**text deleted*head or not haha. I just thought it was a funny story and people would read it and have a little chuckle. Didn't mean to offend anyone/

So anyway here's a few facts.

What was the first war in which one jet plane shot down another/

The Korean War.

What so called "war" spawned the dueling slogans "Better Dead Than Red" and "Better Red Than Dead" in the 1950s?

The Cold War.

What modern vehicle was invented to circumvent trench warfare?

The Tank.

hughbrown

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
hahahaha, sorry that your thread has turned into whether I'm a *text deleted**text deleted*head or not haha. I just thought it was a funny story and people would read it and have a little chuckle. Didn't mean to offend anyone/

So anyway here's a few facts.

What was the first war in which one jet plane shot down another/

The Korean War.

What so called "war" spawned the dueling slogans "Better Dead Than Red" and "Better Red Than Dead" in the 1950s?

The Cold War.

The Tank

WW1 tanks ddint work to well though...

Geryon

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Random fact: Before you join the SBS you have to be able to hold your breath under water for 3 days.

S

Sotiris

The Tank.

Actually the "tank" was invented as an armoured water carrier to the front lines...that's why they called it a "tank". It just so happened that it provided the platform for the most ass kicking piece of military hardware on the wodern battlefield.

And Seedy, I think the notches in the blade are used for stripping reeds, bark and other things into lengths