Rant + some interesting stuff (somewhat interesting)

jamie.english

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I have my interview on Wednesday, which i am so excited about! I can't wait to go there all suited and booted!!

But, here's my rant!

I just moved back from America, spent a couple of years there with my parents. I can't find a bloody job! I have many qualifications in the I.T field, but there's eff all here!

It sucks. Plus, I don't have a car because I'm not working. Although... I can afford it. But still, life really sucks right now due to the fact there's no jobs here... and it's taking too long to get into the RM.

I just need to get my head down in a job, beast myself at the gym, and prepare myself for PRMC + and RT.

ste preece

Former RM
Reaction score
Contract work

Jamie: Given that you are qualified in I.T. and also that you are looking to join the RM soon, its sounds like you only need a short term job.

What I would advise here, is to brush up your resume and email it to I.T. agencies. You'll find them under employment agencies in the yellow pages. Once you have emailed them follow up with a phone call or another email a few days later to see if they have any contract work. Contracts generally last a few months at a time, which would meet your needs.

Good Luck Mate

Steve

jamie.english

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice.

That's pretty much what I'm doing, joining an agency and calling them up everyday! I bet a job will come up about 2 weeks before RT!! sods law!

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
jamie.english said:
I have many qualifications in the I.T field, but there's eff all here!
Good luck in your interview Jamie.

Probably stating the obvious, but the fact you have qualifications & experience in IT doesn't mean you can only be employed in that field. Consider getting agency office work or suchlike, it's a good guage of motivation if you are prepared to get employment whilst undergoing the selection process and awaiting an entry date.

Rob

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Funny you should mention that. Although I have no qualifications
ive found it extremely difficult to get a job. Dont think Ive had a propper job since leaving school 4 years ago. Ive just been to college n stuff. Luckily Ive had all day everyday to train for the marines.
It is hard when you want to be employed by the marines so badly but the process takes such a long time espeically with injuries.

CommandoJ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
yeah mate tell me about it, i have a job in sports direct PS dont work there unless you are a manager its awful. no harsh feelings to anyone who does work there like me :*text deleted*:

anyways it took me bout 6 months to get that get £3.40 P/h take 2 trains there and 2 back one way about 1hr probably worth it? 3 hour shift mate no thanks. unless you can get a closer job GO FOR IT, unless you get one like with miles of travelling to get there no point really and to top it off i got taxed of my £80 wages something like £17.xx i dunno but this is really pushed the boat to far. so after a working months nov-dec i got £60 for like a lot of hard work. i have now realised that never stress over anything that can be easily solved. OOOhh and to top it off i got a £20 fine on the train for paying my rail ticket but got off an extra simply because i forgot to get off, i paid no benefit of the doubt or nothing. quite frankly i have had a rubbish new year so far and my new samsung 37" TV has now got a dead pixel as i am writing this. *text deleted* this year couldn't get any better.

there i said it. :D

anyone else having trouble with the new year, 2008 ?? more like two thousand and hate. :*text deleted*: :*text deleted*: :*text deleted*: :*text deleted*:

regards CJ