Raynauds gone, am I still not eligible?

Singh-94

Reaction score
About a year and a half ago, my fingers started going white, blue and numb in cold weather. I went to the doctors and he said it's most likely raynauds. I also had blood tests to rule out any other underling conditions. After this I ruled out my career as a Royal Marine and was quite upset about it.

However recently, in the same weather and temperature conditions that previously affected my fingers, they have remained fine. In cold weather my fingers and toes do go cold, but they never go white, blue or numb and are fully functioning. I've even stuck my hands into a freezer for a couple of minutes and they have remained red and not numb. Surely this shouldn't bar me to entry, right?

I'm writing this post to ask whether this is treated as a case by case basis, or am I permanently barred entry? My raynauds has pretty much disappeared, but my fingers and toes do get cold in cold weather. If I am going to get rejected no matter what, at least i'll be able to save myself the time of applying.

LRL

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I think it’s one of them conditions that hasn’t been widely looked into and not very much is know about it. I reckon it’s done on a case by case basis, I would say apply and see what happens.

Chelonian

Reaction score
I went to the doctors and he said it's most likely raynauds. I also had blood tests to rule out any other underling conditions.

My bold. You imply some uncertainty about the diagnosis. Maybe consider making an appointment to sit down and discuss this specific matter with your GP. If you have formally been diagnosed with Raynaud's it will be recorded on your medical records and you will then know where you stand and will be able to plan accordingly. Best of luck.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
My bold. You imply some uncertainty about the diagnosis. Maybe consider making an appointment to sit down and discuss this specific matter with your GP. If you have formally been diagnosed with Raynaud's it will be recorded on your medical records and you will then know where you stand and will be able to plan accordingly. Best of luck.
Spot-on.

If it wasn't formally diagnosed as Reynauds, there's a potential case to appeal on the grounds of an incorrect diagnosis.

Snag is with cold-weather conditions and the very nature of the job, is even if no further symptoms occur, the claim of being "cured" is otherwise unlikely to succeed.

New Threads