Re-Join from Australia

Discussion in 'Overseas Section' started by "Crikey mate", Nov 16, 2016.

1. "Crikey mate"

"Crikey mate" Member

Ninja, pretty much one for you here, hope you can help me out.

Came over to the UK from Australia in 2014. Did all the pre-entry tests, PRMC, etc and got a security clearance (& residency waiver). Entered RT but left just after Hunters Moon. Spoke at lengths with the Training Team and decided together the best decision was to leave and sort out the family issues I had going on back in Australia, then return to RT when these things had calmed down.

Things have finally sorted themselves out here in Australia (or are at least the best I'm able to make them) and I've spent the last year sorting out some financial stability and working on my fitness.

I'm preparing to come back over in January 2017 and am about to reopen my application (have contacted them but been waiting for a response and needing to know ASAP so I can make some arrangements here, any advice will help!)

I'm aware my Recruit Tests, Medical, PFJT, PRMC etc are all out dated and have no issue with redoing them again (guessing I've passed them once so shouldn't be an issue to do it again)

My main concern is the Residency Waiver. Can I even get this again?

I'm a dual national. Born in England and lived there until I was 10 then moved to Australia due to my dads work.

Thanks!

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Careers Adviser

G'day & welcome back into the fold.

Good to hear you've managed to get your ducks in a row and are now back on track. Good effort.

Presumably you've re-applied via the overseas desk via London AFCO or emailed your original AFCO direct to establish comms and get the admin as[pect underway before you even set foot in UK.?

Either way, once they have scanned copies or hard copies of your discharge docs & you've given signed consent for the release of your service med-docs, the AFCO will start the ball rolling by writing to gain Approval to Process your application for re-entry (assuming the PSO didn't put a time-caveat before permitting re-entry). Hopefully they will simultaneously request your med docs to reduce the wait.

The thing that is going to take time is your Approval to Process - currently this can take 8 or more weeks so the advice is to establish eligibility and enter into dialogue with your processing AFCO now so they can get the letter sent before you arrive in UK. As they know you already, if there are no changes in circumstances, they could get cracking with your SC application and get the waiver submitted before you arrive. (Yes, you remain eligible for a residency waiver for as long as you have a valid Brit passport).

Best of luck - keep us posted on progress. Be aware PRMC has ramped-up a fair bit since you last joined - don't underestimate it.

3. BeastCoastWallabie

BeastCoastWallabie New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Sorry to hijack your thread but thought i'd introduce myself as i'm a fellow Aussie who's just about to start RT. So if I can be of any help to you in any way then don't hesitate to ask me any questions. Cheers mate

• Like Like x 1
  4. telemark

telemark Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    How long did it take for your security clearance and residency waiver to come through?

5. "Crikey mate"

"Crikey mate" Member

Well G'day mate ;) just sent you a private message!

6. "Crikey mate"

"Crikey mate" Member

Thanks! Exactly what I wanted to hear!

I've contacted my original AFCO directly and am waiting to hear back, definitely not heading to the UK before I have everything possible lined up! Had no time-caveat or anything like that.

Also understand about the Approval to Process, waiting to hear back from AFCO and will get those forms to them as soon as they ask and get the ball rolling. Great news about the SC and residency waiver too, will be great to not have the large wait in the UK again.

Last time I had all of my tests penciled in the first 2 weeks of being in the UK (provided I passed each one, the next one was confirmed). Hopefully I will be able to organise something similar this time.

Thank you for the heads up about PRMC and giving me all the info I was after!

Will keep you posted.

7. Ninja_Stoker

No problem. Any snags, yell.

• Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  8. BeastCoastWallabie

BeastCoastWallabie New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Security clearance took about 6 months. I'm not sure on how long the residency waiver took but i've been in the UK since April so no longer than 8 months. All of the relevant overseas paperwork/ requirements etc has gone really smoothly, my AFCO has been very helpful and proactive so I owe a lot of that to him.

• Like Like x 1
  9. "Crikey mate"

"Crikey mate" Member

Original AFCO I joined with have responded, have passed me to London overseas desk, but the CPO there is away for 2 weeks so I have to wait to even get the ball rolling.
    Will keep you posted.
    Can you advise when the Christmas shutdown is?

10. Ninja_Stoker

All AFCOs will be close from 23rd December and re-open 03rd January.

• Like Like x 1
    • Gucci Info Gucci Info x 1
  11. "Crikey mate"

"Crikey mate" Member

Just an update for anyone interested or undertaking a similar application.

Went to the nearest AFCO to where I'm staying 27 days ago (few weeks after arriving from Australia and settling in) handed in all necessary paperwork (had an open application already, they just had to have it transferred from the London Overseas Desk to their office). Was sent to do my Eye Test right afterwards, had this done and gave it back on the same day.

Approval To Process was also sent off for the day I went in, came through within 23 days (last Friday) My Careers Advisor managed to book in my NSRT for the Tuesday (today), passed and have my interview booked for late next week.

Right after the NSRT filled out my Medical forms and my Careers Advisor sent them off to capita today. I'm now waiting on the email from Capita & then the triage phone call. I'm extremely lucky and don't have anything medical to declare so hoping it all happens quickly and I can get the face to face medical, PJFT & PRMC done ASAP.

AFCO said I'll be able to do my Security Clearance (& residency waiver) once I've passed the medical, hoping this will be fast as I've had one before and my circumstances haven't changed much.

Been processed very quickly so far, hopefully it keeps up the same pace and that it also goes the same for anyone else in the same boat!

12. Ninja_Stoker

Good effort.

The only thing that surprises me is that your security clearance hasn't already been initiated as it is the one thing likely to delay entry as a rejoiner because full security clearance is required before an entry date can be requested and the residency waiver actually makes the SC process longer.

13. "Crikey mate"

"Crikey mate" Member

Cheers!

I really want to avoid an unnecessary delays as my savings are running low (I'm supporting my partner back home) this minimum wage manual handling job is slowly killing me, haha!

Do you think I should politely request the SC to be initiated as soon as possible? How do you think I should approach my Careers Advisor about it?

Thanks again for all of the help!

14. Ninja_Stoker

Absolutely.

Any snags, go to PM.

15. Rosie

Rosie Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Crikey,

glad to hear you are back on track!

My son is at a similar stage. He made the decision to relocate to the UK, as opposed to applying as an Overseas applicant.

He had his triage call yesterday, and his medical appointment came through last night...hours apart. But, his SC application came through straight after the AFCO received his eye test results.

Rosie

16. "Crikey mate"

"Crikey mate" Member

Hey Rosie,

Sounds like we're in a very similar boat, just sent you a private message! Good to hear he's at the medical stage, I'm still waiting for Capita to contact me. I'

Due to a work I had to reschedule my interview to this Monday, contacted my CA regarding the SC via email and he didn't respond about to it, just to a separate part of the email. Going to see if he will organise the SC during the interview on Monday.

17. Rosie

Rosie Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Good Luck

• Like Like x 1
  18. "Crikey mate"

"Crikey mate" Member

Update for anyone interested or in a similar situation. Interview, Medical & PJFT all passed. SC & Residency Waiver submitted.

Returning to Aus next week until start of Jan whilst I wait for my SC & Residency Waiver to come through (have much better paying work and free accommodation over there). Just can't be out the country for more than 180 days.

Careers Adviser has assured me he will be able to get me on PRMC 2 weeks after arriving back in UK and then into RT 2 weeks after PRMC (provided I pass of course) so ideally start RT beginning of Feb.

Decided to do PRMC upon returning and not now, as a bit of a 'pre beat up' before heading into RT or think it'll be a rather big shock to jump straight into RT after a relaxing summer in Aus.

• Like Like x 3
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  19. Rosie

Rosie Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Glad it all went well, and good luck for the coming months. Stay off the Lamingtons !:)

Rosie

20. "Crikey mate"

"Crikey mate" Member

Thanks Rosie, no promises :')

Hope all is going well for your lad!