Re-takeing my test!

Chicogiz

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I just got back from the AFCO London. I went in to find out about retakeing my test, They said i need to do a new application with a letter from my teacher saying im in further education. I dont see why i need to fill in a other application.

Luke

Chicogiz

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Done my test in march, and failed. I went into the AFCO today to have a chat, ive waited 6 months and now have to have to start a new application with a letter from my teacher saying i done further education to re take the test. Why do i need to do a other application?

PoyserRM

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Im not sure, maybe because things might have changed in the 6 months after applying the first time

gd luck if your about to do it again

WrapJuice

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
yea when i re-took my test i had to do a new app aswell. it's not that bigger deal. if you think that form is bad just wait until you get the security questionnaire!

are you a terrorist... no
are you sure... yes
are you sure you are sure... yes
really... ask me one more time! i dare ya!

Chicogiz

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
yea when i re-took my test i had to do a new app aswell. it's not that bigger deal. if you think that form is bad just wait until you get the security questionnaire!

are you a terrorist... no
are you sure... yes
are you sure you are sure... yes
really... ask me one more time! i dare ya!

are you a terrorist... Yes
are you sure... No
are you sure you are sure... Yes

*text deleted* i dare someone 2 do that, that would prob be my mate who does something supid like that *text deleted*

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
If you fail the Recruiting Test, it is a twelve month wait before you may re-sit the test.

In exceptional (& I mean exceptional) cases, if you were a "near miss" & are in FULL TIME education & can prove it (letter from a none-fide private tutor, teacher or lecturer- yes, we check), then a waiver may be granted for a resit, providing the Area Recruiting Manager is convinced you are a viable candidate.

It's not a right, it's an exception to the rule and complaining about having to submit a fresh application form is possibly not the best way forward for an early re-test which the vast majority of candidates are not permitted.

Chicogiz

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
If you fail the Recruiting Test, it is a twelve month wait before you may re-sit the test.

In exceptional (& I mean exceptional) cases, if you were a "near miss" & are in FULL TIME education & can prove it (letter from a none-fide private tutor, teacher or lecturer- yes, we check), then a waiver may be granted for a resit, providing the Area Recruiting Manager is convinced you are a viable candidate.

It's not a right, it's an exception to the rule and complaining about having to submit a fresh application form is possibly not the best way forward for an early re-test which the vast majority of candidates are not permitted.

I aint complaining about writing a new one, im just asking why do they do it now. Also the recruiter at the AFCO told me to re-sit it early as he said he has faith that i will pass this time, im just waiting for my tutor to write a letter. So do you think i should not take it yet?

Chicogiz

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Also ninja who my teacher write to, she asked who is it to, i said to my AFCO so what does she put, Dear...

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
It's up to you- one would hope that after 6 months full time education, you are now ready to re-sit & feel confident of passing. If you're not, then there's little point re-sitting before you're ready as a 3rd Recruiting Test is not permitted under normal circumstances. A 3rd resit must be at well over one year after the last fail & only with the regional recruiting officer's express permission, providing the careers adviser considers you are worthy of the submission of a written request.

The letter is best addressed "To whom it may concern, this is to certify....."

Good luck.

Chicogiz

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
It's up to you- one would hope that after 6 months full time education, you are now ready to re-sit & feel confident of passing. If you're not, then there's little point re-sitting before you're ready as a 3rd Recruiting Test is not permitted under normal circumstances. A 3rd resit must be at well over one year after the last fail & only with the regional recruiting officer's express permission, providing the careers adviser considers you are worthy of the submission of a written request.

The letter is best addressed "To whom it may concern, this is to certify....."

Good luck.

Dam thats made me nervous, but i think im ready and will pass, but that has made me nervous, as if i fail theres not a 3rd go. Im not *text deleted* think like that, im *text deleted* pass, ive been studying, went to sixth form to study and also i think im at the stage to re take it and i have confidents this time i will pass. I think i could of passed 1st time, i was just reading some questions wrong and rushing, but this time i will know what to expect.

Chicogiz

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Also ninja what is the pass percentage for people who take it 6 months later? i got told 95%, is this correct?

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Also ninja what is the pass percentage for people who take it 6 months later? i got told 95%, is this correct?

I've no idea what the national pass percentage is, but certainly in my AFCO the few that do re-take at 6 months generally don't do anywhere near as well as 95% pass, more like 50% I'd guess.

Assuming someone genuinely undergoes full time education & had a near miss last time there's no reason why they shouldn't pass second go. Usually it's only the ones that claim to have undergone further maths/English tuition & haven't that fail.