re-taking tests

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
from what i know each test has a limit of when it expires. for example the psychometric test results lasts for 3 years, the eye examination, PJFT and interveiw last for 1 year.

but how long does the PRMC last because people have said if there is to long a gap between that and RT then they have to take it again. but what is the longest gap allowed?

also would the same apply for the PJFT, if i were to pass my PJFT but decide to do my PRMC about 5 to 6 months down the line would the AFCO like me to take the PJFT again to make sure im still up to standard or doesn't that really matter as much and the PRMC?

The reason im asking is i halted my application at the psychometric test results as i didn't want to have to re-do anything such as medical, pjft and interview befor their time ran up because i knew it was going to be close to a year befor i carry on, due to college. but no i only have 4 months befor i plan carrying on the process and if the case is i can carry on and do my PJFT then wait till spetember to do my PRMC without having to do my PJFT again then that would be great.

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
from what i know each test has a limit of when it expires. for example the psychometric test results lasts for 3 years, the eye examination, PJFT and interveiw last for 1 year.

Just a quick note, the interview is for 6 months, i know becasue i got to go back and do mine in august.

oooops ha ha

Point

RM Officer Recruit
Reaction score
POC is a year i believe, so PRMC might be similar i guess

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
POC is a year i believe, so PRMC might be similar i guess

It is 12 months validity for PRMC, but generally it is much preferred if you join within no more than 3-4 months of passing.

Whilst your Interview is valid for 6 months, if you delay entry after passing PRMC, your Careers adviser may well want you to re-take a PJFT or undertake another RMAD to be sure that you have kept yourself fit.

I've known people pile on the pounds & generally let their fitness lapse if they wait several months after passing PJFT & PRMC because they adopt the frame of mind that they've done it once & it's therefore easy to do again, which of course it isn't.

The odd thing about fitness is that it can take months to develop & only weeks to deteriorate.