Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Reading for POC

Discussion in 'Royal Marines History and Knowledge' started by bigglescam, Sep 22, 2019.

1. bigglescam

bigglescam New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Hi all,

Does anyone have any idea of where to look for POC reading and military history?

Many thanks in advance!

2. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

For POC and AIB I'd suggest that a very thorough understanding of current affairs—political and military—might be a better asset than knowledge of military history. Consider the bigger picture.

An overview of Royal Navy and Royal Marines history will help but perhaps focus on the here-and-now.

Only my thoughts though.
    @dodgyknees might express an opinion if he spots this.

• Like Like x 1
  3. bigglescam

bigglescam New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Thanks! I’ve been keeping up to date but just second guessing my efforts I think!

• Like Like x 1
  4. dodgyknees

dodgyknees Active Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Agree with @Chelonian. Current affairs is king. Read the Economist every week and keep an eye on the news on TV. No need to read a newspaper every day, but suggest you get a good Sunday paper and read through as that is where they publish the more thought provoking stuff.

Corps history is useful and try and get a good understanding of what the trading entails and also your first few tours as a young troop commander.

Sounds a lot but little and often is the key. Good luck!

• Like Like x 2
  5. dodgyknees

dodgyknees Active Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    For trading read training!

• Like Like x 1