Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Really bad run

Discussion in 'Training Methods and Diet Suggestions' started by edu1010, Jul 18, 2010.

1. edu1010

edu1010 New Member

Well basically over the past two months with my training my fitness has been shooting up, from just being able to run 3 miles i was soon smashing 10 milers following a marathon training programme.

However last weekend i went away for an induction with the RMR so i rested the week before it and have rested this week aswell as my muscles were killing from the weekend.

I thought I could just carry on training as normal as i had a good gym session yesterday and so went on to do a 12 mile run tonight but within a mile my legs and knees were killing and i was really struggling to breathe, not only did i not complete my 12 miles i only did 4 miles in a shameful 40 minutes, I dont know if it was just a bad day or not but it got to the point where i couldnt actually breathe and it felt like someone had been punching my lungs and it killed!

Has this happened to anyone before? did it happen again or is this just a one off?

2. Lupperton

Lupperton New Member

From my personal expirence if I have a week or 2 off I have a drop off in performance, but nothing that won't come back after a week or so just plug away and let your muscle memory do the rest, I honestly can see you getting back to where you were with in about a week maybe two, it can be a bit disheartening but as I said plug away mate!

3. stokey_14

stokey_14 Moderator

You had time off? expect a drop in performance.. Ok this level of drop seems a bit drastic but everyone has bad run. Suck it up and get back on it.

Worst thing you could do would be dwell on it now.

Stokey

4. seanmc

seanmc New Member

i had something similar happen to me not long ago although not as bad as that, but all it made me want to do was train harder, longer and go faster. Everyone will get there off days dont worry about it just get back on to your normal training and oush through.

5. DylanS

DylanS New Member

Where do you get the motivation to get up and run 10-12 miles?

I can only ever be bothered to do 6 milers.

6. hugo92

hugo92 Member

if you cant be bothered to do anything more than 6 miles, how are you going to cope with a 30 miler with a bergan on your back??
    I'm currently tryin to get atleast one run a week up to 10-12 mile range with the help of a half marathon training plan

and also edu1010 find that if i have a week off from training and dont stretch my legs off at all i find it hard to do as well as i did before, if i stretch them off a few times a week i dont seem to have any major problems
    just a thought

7. edu1010

edu1010 New Member

Cheers lads,
    My diet in that week was pretty poor aswell and was doing literally nothing, had two days of poor training but everything seems to be back on track now, so nothing left to do but keep on improving.

8. DylanS

DylanS New Member

:eek:h:

I could do 10-12 mile runs but I have no motivation to do so, I think 6 miles 5-6 times a week is good enough for me.

I would easily get off my feet and run a large distance in RT as it would be for a green lid but as I'm a lazy teen it would be rare to see me run more than 6 miles as it's not necessary for PRMC.

I'm not saying it isn't beneficial though. I'm not saying I'm lazy either (which you seemed to think :huh:)

I'll probably start marathons in a month or so anyway!

9. hugo92

hugo92 Member

no need to take offence from the comment was just reminding you of it

think weve both taken each others comments in the opposite way we meant them to be said haha

10. DylanS

DylanS New Member

Ahhhhh fair enough.

Just noticed in my post I called myself a lazy teen and then said I'm not lazy in the same post :blink: