Really confused about medical result.

ejgill153

Reaction score
Alright lads
So I literally just passed my medical.
However, I had a blood test a few weeks ago that was a tad abnormal. The Dr who passed me said he's sending them to SMOSE. Even though SMOSE has already seen them. I asked if I'll have to do another f2f. He said no. I asked him if it will stop me from going to training. He said no.

Does anyone have any clue what he's just done?

Any info would be greatly appreciated as I'm still not sure what is going to happen.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Every so often the AFCO Medical Examiners are audited and relatively "new" doctors have quality control checks on medicals conducted.

Odds are, as the Doc says, you are OK but the Doc is having his 'homework' checked.

It could be that he should have routinely forwarded the notes for review, despite the fact that his experience in this particular field may be entirely correct in his decision, it is possible it was not within his gift to declare it until verified.

Sounds pedantic but it's not uncommon for civilian doctors, unfamiliar with the medical standards not to fully appreciate the reason why certain issues need to be double-checked by an independent subject matter expert in the relevant field.