reassurance

HHHNNN

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
ok just need some moativation here guys.............Ever since i was about 12 i have wanted to be a royal marine. but over the past few weeks i dont get the exitement from just thinking about it, as i used to.
Also the thaught of leaving all my mates behind that i have grown up with is getting to me.
I think alot of this has been braught on over weather to join as an officer or not, but I was wondering have any of you guys had any spells like this and have you got any advice or youtube clips you would recomend?

JMH

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hi mate, i get these little spells every now and again too, except i'm worried about leaving my family behind. At the end of the day it's what you want to do and it's not like your gone forever, that's what i try to remeber.

deano1617

Reaction score
ive had moments like this
where as u sed all your friends family
then i just watch a few videos on youtube
and just think of getting that green lid
not much else i can say really thats what i do
eventually you'll have the same mentality back
i went through a stage of about 2 weeks where i considered everything
now i want it more than ever
good luck

AdamG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Sometimes when I'm doing intense training I feel sick and feel like my legs are going to collapse. I'm thinking fu*k this, it's going to be like this all the time in the Marines.. but I just keep on going and at the end I get a very proud feeling.

Like someone said to me, you just have to look at the bigger picture. Do you want to be a Royal Marines Commando or work at ASDA's? It's your choice buddy.

You also have to think of it this way. If your girlfriends or mates were in a similar posistion, I bet they wouldn't think twice about leaving everyone else behind for the good of themselves! Sooner or later you'll have to distance yourself away from your parents, and your mates? You can just make new mates in Recruit Training!

PoyserRM

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
im goin through a patch like this at the mo, i had quite a bad car accident 2 weeks ago n since then *text deleted* been really unmotivated, the marines are actually waitin on a call from me so i can book my PRMC but *text deleted* i dont feel up to it right i know... i need to get in the spirit again

AdamG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
im goin through a patch like this at the mo, i had quite a bad car accident 2 weeks ago n since then *text deleted* been really unmotivated, the marines are actually waitin on a call from me so i can book my PRMC but *text deleted* i dont feel up to it right i know... i need to get in the spirit again

Read your own signature mate.
Right now your the latter...

S

Sotiris

ok just need some moativation here guys.............Ever since i was about 12 i have wanted to be a royal marine. but over the past few weeks i dont get the exitement from just thinking about it, as i used to.
Also the thaught of leaving all my mates behind that i have grown up with is getting to me.
I think alot of this has been braught on over weather to join as an officer or not, but I was wondering have any of you guys had any spells like this and have you got any advice or youtube clips you would recomend?

Join the TA. It's a good gauge of whether you can handle military life...or even if you'd enjoy it. Don't put any faith in You-tube. Read Commando, Survival of the Fittest by Robin Eggar. It'll give you a tiny insight into YO training. It'll either scare the crap out of you and de-motivate you futher or get you salivating for the Corps.

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
all i can say is turning an opportunity like this down is crazy. But if you are not 100% committed, don't go any further. Make your mind up, make a decision you are going to stand by and give it everything, whether you choose this or not.

brummielad

Reaction score
i would kill for the chance to join now. why would you need motivation go and join the best force in the world mate,

v3locity

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Do your prmc and you will at least get down there and see the way of life you will have for the next 8 or so months and then decide. Least then you could say you passed the selection course but decided not to eh.

Jervis

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Theres been times when people think, yeah theres an easyier option which is similar like infantry for the army or maybe the 2nd battalion in the RAF (not saying there abunch off woofters...) but thats what makes a Royal Marines Commando the state of mind to be the best you can and be able to say yeah i chose the hard option... let me go march back over dartmoore! *text deleted* try get into a routine of trainning will spice it up.

CommandoJ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
yeah i have had those times, were i wanted to just 'take the easy option' but don't you WILL get the spirit back,

watch this and download the song, (gladiator theme tune)

i know this sounds gay but i listened to it on the train to the afco before every thing i had to go in for interviews etc...

and made me think of that moment now i cant stop listening to it.

enjoy..... http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=XBo2XzE7HYQ

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
i've seen that vid before, almost brings a tear to the eye!!

F.M.J

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
yeah i have had those times, were i wanted to just 'take the easy option' but don't you WILL get the spirit back,

watch this and download the song, (gladiator theme tune)

i know this sounds gay but i listened to it on the train to the afco before every thing i had to go in for interviews etc...

and made me think of that moment now i cant stop listening to it.

enjoy..... http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=XBo2XzE7HYQ

*text deleted*, this video is so funny when the camera is rotating to the right and slowly the CTC Lympstone appears in the middle of the screen looks like its floating in mid air! or looks like a big 'HoLLYWOOD' sign on the distant hills! *text deleted* couldnt not laugh at this!

F.M.J

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
this song really motivates me!... i was on a cross country machine in my gym and half way through- knackered! sweating like a fat woman in a chip shop with too much choice! and then this song came on really loud and just motivated me so much!...

gets me in the mood so much for the gym and lift some fu'ckin heavy's!!!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3jzSh_MLNcY

Jervis

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted* FmJ, i recently brought some headphones that dont fall off and hit you in the eye knocking you into oncoming traffic... so im gona make myself a sick playlist definatly *text deleted* have stronger in there with some trance and some heavey *text deleted**text deleted*! posted my app today well excited *text deleted*

F.M.J

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted* FmJ, i recently brought some headphones that dont fall off and hit you in the eye knocking you into oncoming traffic... so im gona make myself a sick playlist definatly *text deleted* have stronger in there with some trance and some heavey *text deleted**text deleted*! posted my app today well excited *text deleted*

ah mate, you will not believe how excited you get the day you go for your interview and medical and pass both! was literally the best day of my life- but then the next day was my worst- failed eye exam- (had a very shi't optician though!)