Recent Changes To Prmc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
As a point of interest to those intending to undertake PRMC:

The 3 mile run used to be conducted on day two, despite the fact that the VO2 Max/Bleep Test on day one already gave a good indication as to who would fail the next day!

The 3 mile run is by far the one that seems to weed-out those that have failed to prepare adequately.

Be prepared, if you haven't prepared already, to be coming home sooner than you expected!

One or two have been rather caught out when they are traveling a fair distance to/from Lympstone, particularly involving transport other than just trains, when they cannot get 'home' on "Day One" because their return travel arrangements were pre-booked in the assumption they would actually complete PRMC!

edd91

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Im confused you say the 1.5mile best effort back is to be done in 10.5mins i was always told and was always led to beleive that it was 10mins dead, this is what the guy at AFCO tells me all time and can bever stress it enough to me

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
The pre-joining fitness test (PJFT) 1.5 mile run on a treadmill is to be completed in under 10 minutes.

The PRMC 3 mile run is 12 mins squad run-out, 10 mins 30 secs run back, re-read initial post above.

They are two completely different things.

State of Mind

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Just completed PRMC this week!

3miler!

1.5mile: 12mins 30
1.5mile best effort: 10mins 30

This is conducted on the same day as Gym Test 1

Also to add to the list..Gym Test 2 was conducted outside on the Astroturf, whether this was experimental i dunno

SoM

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Yeah must be SoM, as i did gym test 2 in the gym on the 30th October prmc. The Cpl's & Sgt Mj. did say on my prmc they were pushing to make changes and had the go ahead to change things about a bit ... they even mentioned about adding a log run (for future prmc's) in after everyone finished the assault course & determination test ...

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
State of Mind said:
Just completed PRMC this week!

3miler!

1.5mile: 12mins 30
1.5mile best effort: 10mins 30
This is correct - the timings have changed slightly. The run out is paced by a PTI, with the best effort "run-back" being pass/fail at 10 mins 30 secs, however you should aim to complete the run back very much as "best effort" as a "slower pass" identifies you as a potential training risk.

The majority of PRMC fails are happening on the 3 mile run.

Link: How to Join the Royal Marines

Status
Not open for further replies.