Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Recruit Test - Psychometrics - Biggest Tips I can Give (Not a Euphemism)

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by dolly, Aug 14, 2018.

1. dolly

dolly New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Passed my psychometrics today, over the moon, very happy that the work I put into revision has paid off. I learned a lot today in regards to what makes a successful candidate, and an unsuccessful candidate. I'll give the best advice I can for anyone worrying/unsure about their upcoming recruit test!

Tip #1: Appearance is more important than you may think. Out of the ten of us who arrived to sit the test, only four were smartly dressed, shirt and tie being the smartest. The rest wore tracksuits, one wore a cap, which needless to say did not go down well with the recruiter. None of the lads wearing tracksuits passed the process, and I don't believe that it was just down to them actually failing the test, but also their poor attitudes. To back this up, our recruiter gave a thank you to the lads who went that extra mile and wore their smart rig, it's not necessary per say as a tidy top and jeans is fine, but it is noted.

Tip #2: Have 2 - 4 weeks of solid revision under your belt before sitting your test. Self-explanatory, practice a psychometric test a day, I used www.how2become.com for mine and they were similar to the actual test, if not harder. And also the Royal Navy site practice tests which are near enough the exact same as the real test. If you have a lazy/busy day and really don't want to/don't have the time to do a full test, then at the very least do one test on the section you struggle with the most, for me it was mechanics. This decent amount of revision is the only way to pass it comfortably.

Hope this helped in some way! Fire any questions you may have.

All the best

• Like Like x 2
  2. Karl Anderson

Karl Anderson New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Hello Dolly,
    I’m port at revising have you any tips on how you revise, did you write down the answers or?

3. dolly

dolly New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Only the maths side of things I wrote practice questions down and outlined the basics of algebra, etc, so I could rack my brains around it again. It all comes down to practice. Best advice is do one psychometric test a day (online, I used how2become.com) for a month before your test and focus on your weak areas. Also the practice booklet on the royal navy sight is very similar to the actual test you sit. In addition I made sure I could ace the practice test they have on the royal navy website as well. Hope this helps dude, good luck and all the best.

• Like Like x 1
  4. The guide

The guide Royal Marines Commando

Your score is your score respective of how you are dressed .!!, you will certainly not be deducted any for wearing a tracksuit , On your interview you should turn up suited and booted / or blouse / skirt / trouser suit eas it is a formal interview and you will be told as such. But having said the above you should really turn out tidy at least to any sort of job application process military or otherwise in my humble opinion.

• Like Like x 1