Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Recruit Training Breakdown for interview

Discussion in 'Royal Marines History and Knowledge' started by ALDL9RM, Aug 1, 2019.

1. ALDL9RM

ALDL9RM Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    Apologies in advance if this has been asked elsewhere or if I’ve missed the answer somewhere on the forum, but I’ve heard a couple of times that one of the things that gets asked at your interview is a breakdown of RT. I’m just wondering how in-depth you have to go ie just knowing phase 1 is foundation and individual skills and times scales or do you need to know week by week in detail like each exercise etc. Cheers lads.

• Seen Seen x 1
  2. sharpe

sharpe Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Whilst waiting for a definitive I can tell you my lad was asked very little about RT, I think it was literally duration and what are the commando tests. He was 17 so a lot was asked around his motivations for joining, sports he played, any sporting achievements etc. He also got a grilling on current deployments.
    It’s like any job interview, be early, be smartly dressed and show you’ve taken the time to research the organisation you want to employ you. And somehow try and relax:)

• Like Like x 3
  3. Johnny_Anonie

Johnny_Anonie Moderator

Hi,

Ninja answered a similar question not long ago. This might help

• Like Like x 1
  4. 03092014

03092014 Royal Marines Commando

I think it's probably the different phases and the Commando tests are the main things to know about RT.

• Like Like x 3
  5. ALDL9RM

ALDL9RM Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    Thanks all!