Recruit Training Breakdown for interview

ALDL9RM

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Apologies in advance if this has been asked elsewhere or if I’ve missed the answer somewhere on the forum, but I’ve heard a couple of times that one of the things that gets asked at your interview is a breakdown of RT. I’m just wondering how in-depth you have to go ie just knowing phase 1 is foundation and individual skills and times scales or do you need to know week by week in detail like each exercise etc. Cheers lads.

sharpe

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Whilst waiting for a definitive I can tell you my lad was asked very little about RT, I think it was literally duration and what are the commando tests. He was 17 so a lot was asked around his motivations for joining, sports he played, any sporting achievements etc. He also got a grilling on current deployments.
It’s like any job interview, be early, be smartly dressed and show you’ve taken the time to research the organisation you want to employ you. And somehow try and relax:)

Johnny_Anonie

Reaction score
Hi,

Ninja answered a similar question not long ago. This might help

The reason behind the Corps knowledge questions are simply to gauge motivation beyond just the claimed physical preparations.

You won't "fail" an interview for not knowing trivial minutiae, but the interviewer is seeking assurance that the individual knows what the demands of they are entering into.

At worst, a person who is not clued-up on the length of training, length of contract, pay, the content of training, the Commando Tests and where they maybe based after training will probably be invited to return at a later date when they've done more research and found out a bit more about peripheral Corps history. It's not a complete show-stopper but it is important to know what you are volunteering for.