Recruit Training Medical ???

JoePRMC

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Alryt Lads

Found out we have got another medical when we start RT, is this the same as the one at AFCO or do we do anything different ???

Thanks in advance

Joe.

Mackie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Probably much the same, including a drug test I guess, since the first medical urine test is only to check your blood protein and sugar levels (I think).

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Yep, that's about it really- it's just to verify the original pre-entry medical & confirm there are no medical issues/ailments arising since you underwent the original one. You also get booster innoculations & vaccinations as required together with a full dental check-up with the "Fang farrier" (Dentist).

Not wishing to lecture, and whilst stating the obvious I hope, you need to be aware there's a zero tolerance of drugs once you join - don't get caught out.

alan wilson

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
can i ask....what happens if the is any difference in the medical?

Ty

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Dentist eh, what happens if you have a cavity *text deleted*.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
If a previously known medical condition comes to light within the first 56 days of training, the individual can be medically discharged or fraudulently discharged for knowingly witholding information- that's why it's important to be 100% truthful at your AFCO medical.

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
They take your blood and give you injections which you should have had early on in your life, they give you 3 injections and they just boost your immune system against some stuff. As when you are in training and tired, your immune system will be on the floor. So it's basically just to make sure you are protected against the most common bugs etc.

The injections you get depend on your medical hisotry but I didn't see anyone get less than 2 injections.

Whatever it was must have done the trick because I haven't had as much as a cold in the last 4 years since I left. :*text deleted*:

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Sorry plus as Ninja says they give you a once over aswell