Recruit training worries???

DJ LOZZA

Reaction score
Hi lads,Just been thinking about recruit training and was wondering what your biggest worries where? i know my worry was wondering if i could adjust from civvie land into military life.its a hell of a transformation!!
What are your biggest worries or fears?

Ninja

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Hiya mate, i take it you have completed the PRMC, what is the miniuim amount of press ups you can get away with, dont get me wrong im training to increase on my upper strength but at the minute i can only manage about 30 ? jsut wondered what you thoughts are ?

Joe

HHHNNN

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
well not really about rt but the thing im most worried about is leaving my mates....boo hoo *text deleted*

HHHNNN

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
ooo ninja you hijaked that thread real good

M1664

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
not worried about *text deleted* all, just *text deleted* ge down there and crack on, cant wait.

DJ LOZZA

Reaction score
hi ninja,I passed it once in 07 and was into week 6 when i left(personal reasons)I am rejoining and have prmc in 13 days and am confident of passing.you have to be!
Aim for 60,thats what i do.Dig out blind dont aim for nothing less.Good luck

F.M.J

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted* i dont worry about nothing other than the expenses of bus travel (think i will be reimbersed for that) *text deleted* *text deleted* im a lazy sh1t and have opted for RMR! ^_^

PoyserRM

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
im not worried about much i jst *text deleted* get in there, my only worry would be failure i think

M1664

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted* i dont worry about nothing other than the expenses of bus travel (think i will be reimbersed for that) *text deleted* *text deleted* im a lazy sh1t and have opted for RMR! ^_^

*text deleted* i wouldnt regard the RMR route as lazy, you are forced to do phyz in the regs, i doubt i could get up to commando test standard on my own *text deleted*

Chris

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score

Training is alot longer and you have to compete with daily life along with RT, not an easy route by any means.

F.M.J

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted* i wouldnt regard the RMR route as lazy, you are forced to do phyz in the regs, i doubt i could get up to commando test standard on my own *text deleted*

you dont do it on your own :S you do go to phys sessions each week, i dunno about other RMR detachments but my detachment (when i finally get in) will be Newcastle up in Tyne Unit, on the premesis you have 30 foot ropes from the ceiling, 30 foot climbing walls, pullup bars, have half regain rope etc so the newcastle detachment simulate as much as possible the commando course- so in essence i would already have had a taster before i even go for commando course- and there are a couple psycho's in the Newcastle detachment (this one bloke is about 5 foot 6 inch tall, baldy and has a HUGE scar down his face!) and they are adimant they will not let you even attempt the commando course unless you can do it in your sleep!

M1664

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
you dont do it on your own :S you do go to phys sessions each week, i dunno about other RMR detachments but my detachment (when i finally get in) will be Newcastle up in Tyne Unit, on the premesis you have 30 foot ropes from the ceiling, 30 foot climbing walls, pullup bars, have half regain rope etc so the newcastle detachment simulate as much as possible the commando course- so in essence i would already have had a taster before i even go for commando course- and there are a couple psycho's in the Newcastle detachment (this one bloke is about 5 foot 6 inch tall, baldy and has a HUGE scar down his face!) and they are adimant they will not let you even attempt the commando course unless you can do it in your sleep!

one phys session a week isnt going to do alot on its own, its down to you to rinse yourself out in the week. from some of your other posts about the whole situation, one might be inclined to think you might be underestimating the RMR recruit training. considering it an easy way into the regs.

F.M.J

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
never thought it an easy way *text deleted*, i was only joking wen i sed i was bein lazy
*text deleted* kind of been thinking lately that i wish i went the regs way! i dunno wtf to do!

New Threads