Recruiting poster competition!

Geryon

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score

It was meant to look badly edited by the way :P

What do you think ninja? :toung:

Ninja Edit: Looks pretty decent to me!

I'll forward to my boss who deals with advertising, hmmn...wonder how much commission we'll get?

Qwerty123

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
HAHAHA!! :biggrin:

That's quality.

Got it set as my background picture now. funny *text deleted**text deleted*!

Geryon

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
"

Ninja Edit: Looks pretty decent to me!

I'll forward to my boss who deals with advertising, hmmn...wonder how much commission we'll get?"

Tell me what he says :D

S

Sotiris

That is so funny hahahaha! I really think it should be published!!

Nacnud

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted*, I can see the real commando spirit there, lots of money everywhere *text deleted*.

Sam1

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
Get a picture of Pam Anderson on the side and it would actually be the best picture of all time!!!

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Just to update: I showed it to my boss & he didn't say much, just choked a bit, staggered around, went pale & fainted. Something about "political correctness" was all I could make out as we carried him to the ambulance for further tests.

That said, I reckon it's time we had a recruiting poster competition for all you budding artists, so I'll make this a sticky & the challenge is to compile the wittiest, most effective poster.

The rules are very simple:

1. It must offend no-one, and I mean no-one.

2. Er, that's it.

So far the first one would be winning were it not for the fact my Granny has had an attack of the vapours.

stewie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
how do u get pics up *text deleted* its not workin on mine?
chrz stewie

Geryon

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I was aiming to do graphic design at collage before I found the royal marines, some of my stuff below;

The monkey model was a default object in the modeler I use but the rest is mine.

I did some better stuff to like a few logos but I can't be arsed to upload them right now.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
If possible (and no promises guys), any 100% tip top poster that can be used by the Corps with your permission, may be eligible for a small Royal Marines branded "gizzit".

Don't build you hopes up- it may only be a pen! (But if a better prize can be awarded, rest assured I'll do my best and keep you posted.) Please don't expect a car- keep saving for that "Saxo", you know they are "sensible".

OK Pete, just seen your art work post- stop posing, get designing...

R. M. Pitt

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score

I think it's safe to say we have a winner :noworry: :laugh:

edit: anyone know any good FREE programs I can play with

Robbie Spice

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
ok so I don't have anything that can make the pictures look good but if one of you could help me I have an idea, it can be a joint effort and if we win we split the profit 60/40 , me being the 60 naturally.

ok so I think it should go like this

so there will be 5 pictures in total, 1 top left 1 top right ,1 bottom left , 1 bottom right and a big *text deleted**text deleted*er in the middle

top left picture and writing across it that says Who are you ?

top right picture and writing across it that says What have you accomplished ?

bottom left picture that says Where have you been ? Where are you going ? (this should combine these 2 pics)

Robbie Spice

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
bottom right pic says What can you do ?

Then a bigger picture that the rest in the middle of page that says I'm a Royal Marine and I can do anything.

ok I know that last pic is SAS but I just wanted a pic where they ahve blacked out eyes but couldnt find one, so if any could do that and find a better pic with blacked out yes it would be cool.

The blacked out eyes is for abit if mystery as everyone is intirgued by mystery and that sounds good I think.

Robbie Spice

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
the pic that's not working is the one of the guys walking along the hills and one of them has a union jack flag sticking out his back, I'm sur you've all seen it, so if someone could put that together that can be out entry.

Ihope someone does it as I put a bit of thought into it.

Geryon

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
This is the best I could come up with considering I haven't done any real design work in over 2 months, I have it in a higher resolution if you want but I know it probably isn't up to scratch, sorry.