Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

Recruiting Process - latest news - COVID 19

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by Ninja_Stoker, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

To keep up to date with the current state of play with regard what is happening with your application, follow this link: https://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/careers/covid19

Be aware, AFCOs are effectively closed to walk-in enquiries and staffing levels reduced, so it's probably best to wait for your AFCO to get in touch with you rather than ring to enquire unless you have a query that actually needs a quick response in relation to an imminent event.

Applications, at the time of posting, are still being accepted.

• Like Like x 7
  2. Dazza91

Dazza91 Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Was supposed to have my recruit test this morning but it was cancelled until further notice. Careers advisor also said that all face to face medicals have been cancelled. Just have to wait out until it all blows over I think. Plenty of time to smash the phys tho. Silver linings and that!

• Like Like x 4
  3. Rover

Rover Moderator

• Hoofin Hoofin x 3
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  4. Harry McRunFast

Harry McRunFast Valuable Contributor

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    I received notice today that my PRMC was cancelled. It was booked for the next couple of months.

5. aliens-do-exist

aliens-do-exist Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    how long is the medical valid for?

6. TangoWhisky

TangoWhisky Valuable Contributor

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    Candidates chatting on Navy Net have said that the AIB is now taking the form of a Skype interview. Is anyone able to corroborate this? I'm still waiting for an AIB and haven't had anything communicated to me.

7. The guide

The guide Ex RAF, Ex Royal Marines, now RN.! go figure

@TangoWhisky , That is not confirmed in any way at present.

• Like Like x 1
  8. TangoWhisky

TangoWhisky Valuable Contributor

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    Okay, thanks for the clarification.

9. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Twelve months under normal circumstances.

10. ALDL9RM

ALDL9RM Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    @Ninja_Stoker noticed you put normal circumstances, do you think/know if there is going to be some sort of grace period where everything is extended? Thanks

11. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Genuinely don't know on that score unfortunately.

• Seen Seen x 1
  12. aliens-do-exist

aliens-do-exist Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    is that date from final sign off. eg face to face? as his paper medical took 5 months! so hopefully not from the date he started medical stuff!?

13. Josh24

Josh24 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    I had my recruit test cancelled. In its place they said they had some sort of algorithm in place that will score me on my GCSE results instead. Just had a phone call to say I passed that and now have my seletion interview in April over the phone.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

A graphical representation of the supposed algorithm. :)

cartoon.jpg

But seriously, well done on your pass. Good luck for your interview. Let us know how you get on.

• Hoofin Hoofin x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  15. Kdontmiss

Kdontmiss New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    PRMCs have been cancelled but basic training is still currently taking place. Its highly likely all new recruits will be screened for the virus upon entry like the US is doing.

• Like Like x 1
  16. StormTwooper

StormTwooper Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    Haven't heard anything about my Interview yet and I did the recruit test few weeks ago... different AFCO's must do them in different orders.

I got an email from Capita to say they've received my questionnaire but haven't received my eye tests so I'm on hold until it arrives. Tried to ring my boots opticians to find out the craic to see an email they've closed ha ha!

Good things come to those who wait?... :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. A350-800

A350-800 Valuable Contributor

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    I think I will be in the same situation mate, I had my eye test yesterday evening before they shut. Is it not possible for you to scan the hard copy of your test results and send it to capita? the opticianwrote down my results after I had done my test and gave them to me

• Like Like x 1
  18. The guide

The guide Ex RAF, Ex Royal Marines, now RN.! go figure

@StormTwooper @A350-800 , Gents in practice your interview should take place just prior to your face to face medical, however, this can vary on occasion. In the current climate, all interviews are being done via phone / Skype. As this is one area AFCO,s can do it will get done at some point, but a lack of the correct portable IT is also an issue. So all CA,s will not have access to a laptop if at home which most are now. Offices are being manned to clear priority issues.

As for trying to circumvent the process by sending stuff direct to Capita, that's a NO -NO.!! Your eyesight bit,s match up with your medical paperwork, so highly likely to get mislaid as Capita is also working with limited manpower. So won't appreciate extra admin connecting the dot,s so to speak

Let the system take it,s course and your CA,s will be in touch in due course..it may take a while so bear with it.! The last thing they will want is guys doing their own thing to speed up (or they think it will) an application as things are changing daily, and the offices are working hard just to keep up.

• Like Like x 2
  19. A350-800

A350-800 Valuable Contributor

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Thankyou very much for your reply, I will take your advice on board :)

20. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

The twelve months runs from the first face to face medical.