Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

Recruiting Process - latest news - COVID 19

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by Ninja_Stoker, Mar 23, 2020.

1. StormTwooper

StormTwooper Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    Yeah I fully understand the boat everyone is in and this was probably bound to happen anyway, whats a few weeks in the grand scheme of the full duration of the application. I emailed boots customer services yesterday if they can action it from wherever they're currently working. So hopefully that makes some traction.

Cheers fellas!

• Like Like x 1
  2. monkey88

monkey88 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I had PRMC booked for 11th of May and this has been cancelled 100% my AFCO have confirmed. I have a friend in week 23 and he informed me that phase 1 were sent home the last time he checked and he was waiting to here if he was being thinned out at week 23. If this goes ahead then this will have a huge set back surely. If they send lads at week 23 home then its must be a very difficult and serious situation for them.

I hope thing get better soon enough and they come up with a solution for push forward. Testing sounds like a 'simple' solution on paper but we will have to see.

Everyone waiting - we will have our shot.. at least we have more time to train to max those gym tests :)

• Like Like x 6
  3. StormTwooper

StormTwooper Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    @The guide I just got an email via capita to scan and send them my results leaflet as an attachment. Should I leave it to boots still? Just going off your previous 'NO-NO' to sending capita the results.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  4. The guide

The guide Ex RAF, Ex Royal Marines, now RN.! go figure

If Capita are asking for it , follow the request as they will connect the dot,s on your paperwork.!

• Like Like x 1
  5. geraltofrivea

geraltofrivea Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    Got my interview soon. It's happening over video call.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Best of luck. Let us know how you get on.

video.png

• Hoofin Hoofin x 10
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Scouse350

Scouse350 New Member

just a quick question, been trying to sort out my application, by this I mean im trying to put it in and every time I try and get the confirmation email sent it doesn't send, I rang up today and they said that I need to change the security question, which I did and yet I still cant log on, any advice or should I ring up again tomorrow?

8. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Ring the 03456 07 55 55 number tomorrow.

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  9. Ads-233

Ads-233 New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Got an interview over the phone in the coming weeks and was told that they might scrap the recruit test and just go off qualifications. Fortunately my qualifications are alright but maybe a bit unfair for those who don’t have the best qualifications or any at all, what do you think?

10. The guide

@Ads-233 - Be assured that processes have been put in place for guys that do not have the best academic quals on paper, they will be able to join and be moved along the recruiting process as much as feasible at present, they can then take their recruit test at a later date for their desired route / job in exactly the same manner as they do now.!. The current format allows them to actually start the process and move across to their choice as long as they get the correct score as previously.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Totally agree, a completely unfair method of selection as it discriminates against those who may not have achieved decent results due to their circumstances, such as illness, injuries, problems at home (addictive parents, child abuse, orphaned, separated parents, etc), learning difficulties or even juvenile delinquency. Truth is that many people screw-up their education at that critical moment for a variety of reasons - it doesn't mean they are not intelligent or wouldn't be excellent in their career choice.

That's the whole reason behind the recruit test. Hopefully they'll be tested before they join because otherwise we'll end-up with lots of square pegs in round holes, wasting lots of time, money & effort and completely disadvantaging talented individuals.

Using academic attainment as a primary criteria selection element of vocational suitability is the sort of decision made by a graduate with a non-vocational degree who thinks they are a natural born leader.

• Like Like x 2
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. browner467

browner467 Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Do you have the same view for the academic requirements to join as an Officer? I know plenty of people that do not hold A-Levels or a Degree but due to their chosen career choice, have been put into positions of leaderships and are great leaders.

I feel that sometimes there is too much of an emphasis on a persons academics and not enough on their personal attributes, just a personal opinion.

13. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

In the case of Officers there are three routes - Direct Entry (DE), Corps Commission (CC) & Senior Corps Commission (SCC). Personal attributes are assessed on POC and at AIB, but only for those meeting the entry criteria.

The theory being that those who are good enough, but do not have the academic entry criteria are afforded the opportunities to revisit their education (to a lower entry threshold than DE ) and undergo YO selection for CC, or... based on their relative merit whilst serving - SCC.

For Other Ranks/Ratings, it seems wholly unfair to only offer people shortage-category jobs or nothing as a means of entry, based on their academic attainment at that point in time.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Soap_TNDO

Soap_TNDO Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    Not sure if this has already been mentioned elsewhere, but I was wondering if there is going to be some form of waiting list for PRMC’s/RT, by the time this is all over? I’ve been clutching at straws at my current place of work since application has been going on (gradually going insane) and the thought of it being delayed even further is horrible...

15. StormTwooper

StormTwooper Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    There will inevitably be a longer wait for us in the application phase as theres so many people who were due to start RT are having to wait. So there will be a back log of people waiting for RT before anyone else gets their start.

Just a case of biting your lip. Were all in the same boat.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Rob20

Rob20 Royal Marines Commando

Have the RT intakes been cancelled aswell. Lad I know is still under the impression he's due to start late May?

17. StormTwooper

StormTwooper Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    I dont actually know honestly.. I would assume from seeing stuff on here of PMRC potentially or being cancelled it would have a knock on effect further down the chain.

18. The guide

A number of workarounds are in the pipeline in regards PRMC , the details are yet to come out but PRMC team are dealing with the applicants directly and have a number of applicants that are running with a trail, PJFT +. At present Naval Service entries (incl RM) have not been canceled and all efforts are being placed into getting guys with entry dates in on those dates.

As soon as anything "concrete" and only when it such, it will be put out there, but if it was to happen now on limited info it would simply cause more uncertainty and confusion than there is now. The show stopper at present is medical so Capita might be asked to provide a solution as highly unlikely CTCRM can fill the medical shortfall in anyway ??

19. StormTwooper

StormTwooper Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    I got an email from capita on tuesday after I scanned my eye test results on monday to say my triage is going ahead on next tuesday. Obviously face 2 faces arent going on at the minute so not sure after the call part of the medical

20. Scouse350

Scouse350 New Member

Just out of curiosity what is happening with the recruit test? I'm waiting for a confirmation on it and was wondering with all this going on if it will go a head