recruitment/psychometric test help!

blindman3004

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have my recruitment test on 25th and bricking it a bit as the last time I did a maths test was nearly ten years ago! I definitely do not want to wait a year to re-sit the test if I failed. I have been revising long multiplication, long subtraction and multiplying fractions, rounding up to significant figures...Does anyone have any suggestions to what other topics to revise? I don't want to spend time revising unnecessary topics. I have bought a couple of psychometric tests off amazon which hopefully should be here next week.

Thanks,

Blindman

TheForceV4

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hi mate, I'm a mathematical retard but scraped a pass by one point. There is, as stated above lots of online material to help. My advice in the test would be don't flap, remain aware of the time as it tears by, finally even if you're unsure just make sure every bloomin question gets answered. Don't lose marks for no reason. Good luck!

older gent

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have my recruitment test on 25th and bricking it a bit as the last time I did a maths test was nearly ten years ago! I definitely do not want to wait a year to re-sit the test if I failed. I have been revising long multiplication, long subtraction and multiplying fractions, rounding up to significant figures...Does anyone have any suggestions to what other topics to revise? I don't want to spend time revising unnecessary topics. I have bought a couple of psychometric tests off amazon which hopefully should be here next week.

Thanks,

Blindman
Fractions, decimals, percentages, in every format, all arithmetic, basic algebra,ratio.

Where are you taking yours?
I'm sweating on the mechanical comp part as I've heard it's a minimum of 14 to pass that section!

Rg_

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Got mine in 10 days!

Reaction score
Got mine Tuesday, this would be the only thing that will set me back, I can smash the fitness side I.e PJFT.
Fingers crossed

D

Deleted member 20902

Passed mine last week mate, its all about answering the questions in enough time. Just make sure you answer every question even if its a guess. Best of luck and don't worry you will smash it.

Reaction score
Another thing is I need to go back in tomorrow early hours in the morning, to apologise (written document) for something I haven't even done I to be honest it's not fair.
But I want this job/role/life..
So I'm going to take it in the chin and hope they will let me pursue the selection progress :(

New Threads