recruitment test

RedCoat

Reaction score
i have my recruit test in a week and does anybody have any advice for revision. i have got the booklet they give you, and i have done the test that is online is there any other things that can help me for revision?

Kangarooj

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Like any academic exam really, if you can't do the question straight away then move on to the next one
Also if you absolutely don't know then just guess, you might be lucky and give the correct answer.
Just try and memorise basic maths methods such as multiplication and division, working out patterns and sequences, algebra etc.
English is just knowing basic punctuation and literacy skills such as definitions and sentence structures.
Then just learn about very basic mechanics like gears and angles and maybe learn your compass points for grid references (maybe learn grid references as well), 16 point compass is probably the best to learn, but that's just a life skill as well.
Maybe I'm going a bit overboard, but it's better to be safe than sorry

SarriesFan

Reaction score
A website called How2Become has lots of practice tests, you will have to pay for it but I guarantee you it will really help.

GingerBread

Reaction score
I have recently passed mine, go on the navy website & PRACTICE IT'S FREE. At which points you struggle on, mine was mechanical comprehension, I then used a youtube video & there are simple but straight to the point guides to understanding. All I can say is keep revising & have a good breakfast, drink plenty of water on the day & try not to switch off.

May i also add it's better to select an answer then to have no answer at all. You may just end up needing that one mark.

Best of luck

DeathBySexy

Reaction score
A website called How2Become has lots of practice tests, you will have to pay for it but I guarantee you it will really help.

I bought the Armed Forces Recruitment Tests book from How2Become and I very glad I did. I don't think there are any questions you will come across in the actual test that aren't covered at least in similarity and difficulty.

I would recommend buying GSCE revision books on anything you're a little worried or rusty on out of the English, Maths or Mechanical (I guess, physics?) and going through it once a night until the test. I also highly recommend doing some logic puzzles too if you're prone to overthinking.

The actual test is very straight forward and rather basic. Thinking too hard will lose you time, so relax. As said before, if you don't know the answer to something move to the next question and come back to it once you've completed the others.

If you do skip a question make sure to move onto the next answer box as well! It sounds obvious but I spent a few hours in absolute horror after the test as I skipped some of the questions on the maths section only to find at the end I had, in a panic, not moved to the next answer box. After that shock I repeated it on the Mechanical knowledge section. I fixed them in the last minute and I passed but probably by divine intervention.

You won't be told how well you did (or at least we weren't). It'll be pass or fail.

Don't hope, or wish for luck. You only need your knowledge to pass. Relax though, it's not as hard as you think it will be.