Rejected Application - Penalty Points & Fine

WHATAMELT

Reaction score
Afternoon All - I hoped to get some advice from one of the Careers Advisors if possible.

Last April I was caught speeding twice.
I plead guilty to both offences. It went to a magistrates court in July (I wasn't required to attend) and I received a number of points & a hefty fine.
Fast-forward five months and my application has been rejected.

They advised me that had I not of received a fine, the points would not have been an issue, and I wouldn't have been rejected - I'm not trying to second guess them as they've been very very helpful, but I'm querying whether the decision to reject the application is correct or whether I could still proceed with the process?
When would I be able to reapply? Would it be the date of the offence i.e. April or the date of the fine i.e. July

As I say, I'm not trying to second guess my CA, I am just after a little more clarity as to my options.

Thanks
An absolute melt

*Edit
I have been advised that I can reapply in April.

Last edited:

Chelonian

Reaction score
I plead guilty to both offences. It went to a magistrates court in July (I wasn't required to attend) and I received a number of points & a hefty fine.
This and other posts in a thread from 2014 might be informative until someone comes along with advice:

WHATAMELT

Reaction score
This and other posts in a thread from 2014 might be informative until someone comes along with advice:

Thank you for sharing this, I should have looked a little harder!

Chelonian

Reaction score
Thank you for sharing this, I should have looked a little harder!
No worries. The thread is almost seven years old so it might not still be current. One of the CAs is your best bet for up-to-date information.

ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Afternoon All - I hoped to get some advice from one of the Careers Advisors if possible.

Last April I was caught speeding twice.
Fast-forward five months and my application has been rejected.

They advised me that had I not of received a fine, the points would not have been an issue, and I wouldn't have been rejected - I'm not trying to second guess them as they've been very very helpful, but I'm querying whether the decision to reject the application is correct or whether I could still proceed with the process?
When would I be able to reapply? Would it be the date of the offence i.e. April or the date of the fine i.e. July

As I say, I'm not trying to second guess my CA, I am just after a little more clarity as to my options.

Thanks
An absolute melt

*Edit
I have been advised that I can reapply in April.
I find it hard to believe it’s the fine that got you rejected, maybe the court appearance and the guilty plea?
I joined with points and a fine on my license, however no court appearance.

I don’t understand how a traffic offence could warrant a rejection? Is it a compete bar to entry? Or can you apply after a set time?

Reactions: R

R

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
I find it hard to believe it’s the fine that got you rejected, maybe the court appearance and the guilty plea?
I joined with points and a fine on my license, however no court appearance.

I don’t understand how a traffic offence could warrant a rejection? Is it a compete bar to entry? Or can you apply after a set time?

^This! Is this Capita rejecting you? Just wonder as they have done wonders for inflow since they took over recruitment.

ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
^This! Is this Capita rejecting you? Just wonder as they have done wonders for inflow since they took over recruitment.
And just think, that wonderful, absolute dogs abortion of a contract service will soon be applied to recruit training! Que long waits, lost paperwork, misplaced items, and just randoms civvies with no idea or clue gobbing off and making up rules that make no sense except to save the odd Penny in the short run, with a huge degradation to the quality of training in the long run. Ultimately getting lads killed.

Let’s have a nice big round of applause and a well done to the bright idea fairy that came up with that, and all the caviar munching, desk jockey Officers enabling it to happen! Yay!

R

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
And just think, that wonderful, absolute dogs abortion of a contract service will soon be applied to recruit training! Que long waits, lost paperwork, misplaced items, and just randoms civvies with no idea or clue gobbing off and making up rules that make no sense except to save the odd Penny in the short run, with a huge degradation to the quality of training in the long run. Ultimately getting lads killed.

Let’s have a nice big round of applause and a well done to the bright idea fairy that came up with that, and all the caviar munching, desk jockey Officers enabling it to happen! Yay!

And just maybe that's the point Welfare gets more votes than defence.

The guide

Careers Advisor
Reaction score
Capita have zero input apart from medicals. Anything said to the contrary is 100 % incorrect.