Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Rejoin fast?

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by JTech, Aug 18, 2018.

1. JTech

JTech Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Just what the title says basically.

Saw a thread about how to join up quickly a while back and just wondering if there’s any tips/experiences on ensuring the fastest process for a rejoin ?
    Anything to watch out for that could slow it down?

2. JayJ10255

JayJ10255 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    If you’ve had a injury since leaving or being medically discharged, the paperwork and time to sort all that out is a bastard, Capita love taking a while to sort that side of things out, but if your psychometric test is still in date should be a reasonable time getting back in as your records are still all on the system, I’m rejoining after being MD’d and it’s been a very slow process.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
  3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

For untrained rejoins it tends to take longer for several reasons. Firstly it depends why the person left the service originally and whether any caveats apply.

Upon applying to rejoin as a recruit, the AFCO needs to obtain your previous service history to check there were no issues and the RM branch manager has to check there are no aspects which prevent re-entry, including what was said at the PSO interview upon leaving, disciplinary record, training reports, medical issues and recommends for further service - typically this can add a month or two to the joining process.

Once the branch manager gives the nod, the selection process is pretty bog standard but an entry date cannot be allocated until SC is granted in full.

To speed things along you need to get all your discharge and identity documents (including valid passport, birth certificate, NI & NHS Numbers) before applying online - your AFCO will request them upon receipt of your application. You'll also need to sign a consent form for the release of your med docs.

If you were medically discharged for a physical injury, a training diary maybe required to prove you are fully fit enough to undergo recruit training again. Always a good idea to get any back-up medical evidence in advance & submit it with the medical questionnaire when issued.

If three years have elapsed since the last recruit test & entry, revise well in advance.

Other than that, be physically ready to join from the day you apply.

Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  4. JTech

JTech Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Thanks @Ninja_Stoker always helpful.
    Would you recommend putting my application in now as I’m 3 months away from when i can rejoin or would it just be the same wait as I wouldn’t be a priority until my “ban” is up ?

Cheers in advance

5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

I'd go for it now. It usually means you cannot recommence recruit training before a certain period has elapsed so it doesn't stop you cracking-on with the stuff before you join.

• Like Like x 1
  6. JTech

JTech Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
  7. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

ThreadpigeonsAlpha Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet

Keep us updated. All the best.

8. JTech

JTech Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Cheers @ThreadpigeonsAlpha
    Just registered interest to my afco so will let you know the plan once I’ve had a chat with them.

• Like Like x 1
  9. JTech

JTech Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Woman from Royal Navy phoned from Bristol (location of call on phone?). Last time around when I registered interest it was my local afco that called?

Anyway, she said as I’m a rejoin I should contact my afco. When I pop in to see them should I take discharge papers or anything to speed process up?

• Disagree. Disagree. x 1
  10. joeyjonser

joeyjonser Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Yeah take all your discharge paperwork any a payslip if you have it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. JTech

JTech Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Thanks mate, payslip from CTC or just any job ?

12. joeyjonser

joeyjonser Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Ctc mate

13. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Yes

14. JTech

JTech Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Quick update, had interview today and found out I don’t need to redo medical as my medical at CTC is still in date. So just pjft and prmc to do.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Hurry up then :D

• Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  16. JTech

JTech Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Pjft done today (9.03), requested early April prmc as dont have any holidays left in this work year.