Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Rejoin

Discussion in 'RMR Section and RMR Selection' started by ozzy2323, Apr 27, 2019.

1. ozzy2323

ozzy2323 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Started regular training last year, enjoyed training probably isn’t the best way to describe it as it’s hard, and it should be, but I had no problems in the field or on camp, I knew everything was for a reason and the bad moments were always something to laugh about afterwards, good memories. 2 months in picked up an injury and got huntered.

2 months later, after a period of leave handed my chit in after 2 weeks of the Sgt denying it, pulling me into the office or talking to me in the grots. *text deleted* hunter breeds doubt as it’s a massive set back and disheartening seeing your troop progress without you and I was worried about wether I’d rushed joining and getting injured again, risking a MD with no qualifications or trade to fall back on in civilian life, thought it best to leave gain some quals and re apply in the future whilst having that safety net or even look at a different service to gain a trade/qualifications. Regretted leaving straight away.

Just over a year passed now and I’ve been offered an apprenticeship to gain a trade and it seems like a good opportunity to join the Reserves at the same time, with the intentions of going full time after completion of the apprenticeship. Work are fully on board and understand my intentions

So what I’d like to ask is what is the best and most efficient way of going about this and getting this moving? Is it a case of going to the AFCO and grovelling?
    The reserves was offered when leaving CTC, Will I still need to wait another year before applying for reserves?
    I understand reserves can now transfer to full time without the need for re training, if I wanted to do this but on a permanent bases not FTRS how would that work, is it a straight transfer to a unit? and is that only if passed out in the reserves? Would a reservist who is over 3/4 quarters of the way in training still need to start day 1 week 1 at CTC if they’d not passed out?

Any general tips, knowledge or similar personal experiences would be greatly appreciated.

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Just submit an application online and be ready to take your discharge documents/letters/birth certificate/passport to the AFCO when you nip in to sign the consent form to release your former service digital Med Docs.

If you were told Two Years before you may rejoin, it depends what your declared reasons for leaving were when you had the PSO interview at the time. If over half of that time has elapsed, I'd be inclined to apply now and, if needs be, appeal against the time caveat with evidence that you are now an all round good egg, snappy dresser and fully physically recovered (training diary). It may not come to making an appeal, they may just say, "Yip, crack-on, you canjoin the RMR".

If a reservist is still in RMR training and wishes to transfer to the regulars there are two options depending on the training stage reached.

If still in phase one RMR training, the odds are you would transfer into Foundation, day one, week one. If in phase two, there's every chance you'll join a recruit troop at a similar stage of training and evaluated on exercise alongside your regular service peers - if OK, you'll join that troop, if not, you'll effectively be back-trooped to an appropriate stage of training. If you have quit the RMR before completing training, then the odds are you'd start RT at day 1, week 1 if not actually still serving at the time of submitting a request to transfer.

Good luck.

• Like Like x 1