Rejoin

beans12345

Reaction score
Hi I started rt in January 2018 and left March 2018 I wishing to rejoin now as I want to finish what I started does anyone know what the rejoining process is and how long it takes to get back into rt?

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
To rejoin, just apply online, declaring your former service. Your local AFCO will establish comms and advise you of the re-entry process and elements involved.

If medically discharged or discharged whilst medically downgraded, assuming the condition wasn't a permanent bar to re-entry, the AFCO Medical Examiner will require evidence that you are fully recovered.

If you opted out of training (PVR) the PSO will have submitted a report detailing whether you are recommended further service and whether a minimum period must first elapse.

If discharged unsuitable during training, permission to re-enter is usually not granted until 2+ years have elapsed. If discharged following apositive CDT, re-entry is not possible in the Naval Service under current regulations.

Once your former records are checked & permission to re-enter is granted (usually takes about 4 weeks after applying online), you'll need to resit the recruit test if more than 3 years have elapsed since last taken, you will also need to be interviewed, re-medicalled, pass the PJFT & PRMC. An entry date cannot be allocated until full Security Clearance is regained.

Timeline? Assuming no delays/time caveats applied or medical issues requiring resolution, it's theoretically possible to rejoin within about 12 weeks...if fully fit & good to go.

JTech

Reaction score
Be prepared physically as my app went quicker than expected.
The longest part for me was the Afco requesting to proceed with application.
From that we found out I didn’t need to retake medical as long as I’ve restarted training by November 2019, I left November 2017. Wasn’t aware this could happen til it did so was lucky I kept on top of my phys. Just a heads up.

GriZZ

Reaction score
To rejoin, just apply online, declaring your former service. Your local AFCO will establish comms and advise you of the re-entry process and elements involved.

If medically discharged or discharged whilst medically downgraded, assuming the condition wasn't a permanent bar to re-entry, the AFCO Medical Examiner will require evidence that you are fully recovered.

If you opted out of training (PVR) the PSO will have submitted a report detailing whether you are recommended further service and whether a minimum period must first elapse.

If discharged unsuitable during training, permission to re-enter is usually not granted until 2+ years have elapsed. If discharged following apositive CDT, re-entry is not possible in the Naval Service under current regulations.

Once your former records are checked & permission to re-enter is granted (usually takes about 4 weeks after applying online), you'll need to resit the recruit test if more than 3 years have elapsed since last taken, you will also need to be interviewed, re-medicalled, pass the PJFT & PRMC. An entry date cannot be allocated until full Security Clearance is regained.

Timeline? Assuming no delays/time caveats applied or medical issues requiring resolution, it's theoretically possible to rejoin within about 12 weeks...if fully fit & good to go.
For the 2+ years wait, can you apply before the 2 years and go through the whole application process during the 2 year wait? Or are you only allowed to apply once the 2 years is up?

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
For the 2+ years wait, can you apply before the 2 years and go through the whole application process during the 2 year wait? Or are you only allowed to apply once the 2 years is up?
You can apply before the 2+ years have elapsed and can, if you wish and have supporting evidence, appeal against the length if time before which you may rejoin recruit training. No guarantee of success but worth an ask.

The discharge medical, if fully fit upon discharge, remains valid for 24 months.