Rejoining after being issued insoles

theunknown

Reaction score
When i was in recruit training last time i was issued custom insoles. I then left voluntarily. Would I still be able to join back up with no issues

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
If you have been given prescribed orthotic insoles whilst in training and were medically downgraded and in Hunter Company because of it at the time of leaving then it is quite likely to be an issue for re-entry unfortunately.

Whilst not always considered significant enough to warrant discharge during training, a history of prescribed orthotics is usually a bar to entry under Section 4 of JSP 950. The medical standards whilst serving differ and come under Section 5 of JSP 950, but having left, section 4 applies.

Ultimately there's nothing stopping an application but I'd strongly advise getting evidence of a full recovery over a fairly long period together with a sustained high intensity training diary to prove you are fit.

Good luck - it could go either way.

theunknown

Reaction score
If you have been given prescribed orthotic insoles whilst in training and were medically downgraded and in Hunter Company because of it at the time of leaving then it is quite likely to be an issue for re-entry unfortunately.

Whilst not always considered significant enough to warrant discharge during training, a history of prescribed orthotics is usually a bar to entry under Section 4 of JSP 950. The medical standards whilst serving differ and come under Section 5 of JSP 950, but having left, section 4 applies.

Ultimately there's nothing stopping an application but I'd strongly advise getting evidence of a full recovery over a fairly long period together with a sustained high intensity training diary to prove you are fit.

Good luck - it could go either way.
Would I be able to speak to anyone that could go into further detail with ?