Rejoining

epicurean

Reaction score
Hi,
First time on this forum and I’m looking for anyone currently serving or anyone who has served to answer my question.

I’m lookong at rejoining again as a regular, I left RT at week 20 back in 2011 due to an injury. Tried reapplying a year later to be told that due to the nature of the injury that this wouldn’t be possible. Two years later after numerous disputes and appeals I received a letter from RN stating that I would be given another chance on the premise that I understand if the injury reoccurs then I will have a permanent bar to entry.

A lot of stuff happened in between then and now which has put rejoining on the back burner but to be honest it’s all I think about. I’ll be 30 next year, I have a Mrs and a child and I’ve got a good job and I earn more money than I’ll probably ever earn if I rejoin but it’s about more than that right?

Anyway I just want to know if the general consensus is that 30 is too old to rejoin full time or not. I know the official answer to the upper age limit but I want an honest opinion based on experience and inside knowledge.

Thanks

ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Hi,
First time on this forum and I’m looking for anyone currently serving or anyone who has served to answer my question.

I’m lookong at rejoining again as a regular, I left RT at week 20 back in 2011 due to an injury. Tried reapplying a year later to be told that due to the nature of the injury that this wouldn’t be possible. Two years later after numerous disputes and appeals I received a letter from RN stating that I would be given another chance on the premise that I understand if the injury reoccurs then I will have a permanent bar to entry.

A lot of stuff happened in between then and now which has put rejoining on the back burner but to be honest it’s all I think about. I’ll be 30 next year, I have a Mrs and a child and I’ve got a good job and I earn more money than I’ll probably ever earn if I rejoin but it’s about more than that right?

Anyway I just want to know if the general consensus is that 30 is too old to rejoin full time or not. I know the official answer to the upper age limit but I want an honest opinion based on experience and inside knowledge.

Thanks

Short answer:
No 30isnt too old.

And only you will know if you need to go for it.

How much do you want your green lid? And have you considered RMR?

Latest posts

New Threads